What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad connections to itunes help?

nate1224hoops

iPF Noob
Joined
Jul 14, 2011
Messages
18
Reaction score
0
Both my wife and I have iPads. She has never updated, so tonight we decide to connect and update. After 20 minutes and some frustration I hit the net looking for help. I found on apples site where it says to create a new user on pc. So I created a new user on pc....we have only one pc....downloaded iTunes on new user account. I signed her into iTunes, then connected cord.....STILL NOTHING!!!!

Please help!!!
 
OP
N

nate1224hoops

iPF Noob
Joined
Jul 14, 2011
Messages
18
Reaction score
0
nate1224hoops said:
Both my wife and I have iPads. She has never updated, so tonight we decide to connect and update. After 20 minutes and some frustration I hit the net looking for help. I found on apples site where it says to create a new user on pc. So I created a new user on pc....we have only one pc....downloaded iTunes on new user account. I signed her into iTunes, then connected cord.....STILL NOTHING!!!!

Please help!!!

Anyone!
 

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Joined
Aug 30, 2010
Messages
11,892
Reaction score
2,225
Location
Western NY state (USA)
When you plug the iPad into the computer/iTunes, is it recognized by iTunes? IOW, do you get the iPad line on the left side of iTunes?

What we need to know is: what version of iPad do you have, with what iOS version. Is the iPad working right now or does the screen show to connect it to iTunes. If its working, what exactly does "nothing happens mean - are you getting an error message or is the iPad just sitting there? Is this iTunes the original iTunes you used when you first got/synced the iPad?

If you give us more detail, we may be able to assist. Thanks.

Marilyn
 
OP
N

nate1224hoops

iPF Noob
Joined
Jul 14, 2011
Messages
18
Reaction score
0
Mickey330 said:
When you plug the iPad into the computer/iTunes, is it recognized by iTunes? IOW, do you get the iPad line on the left side of iTunes?

What we need to know is: what version of iPad do you have, with what iOS version. Is the iPad working right now or does the screen show to connect it to iTunes. If its working, what exactly does "nothing happens mean - are you getting an error message or is the iPad just sitting there? Is this iTunes the original iTunes you used when you first got/synced the iPad?

If you give us more detail, we may be able to assist. Thanks.

Marilyn

It's an iPad 2. I'm not currently in front of it to know the exact version but I know it's not iOS 5. The iPad is about 1 year old. The iPad works fine. However it needs to be updated to run some apps. As I said when I plug my iPad 2 in...not the wife's....hers is the one with trouble......iTunes recognizes it right away, everything runs smoothly. However, iTunes does not recognize hers at all. There is no error message. It just sits there as if it is not connected.

No, I recently created a new user account on my computer, then downloaded the most recent version of iTunes. It still does nothing!

Any ideas!
 

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Joined
Aug 30, 2010
Messages
11,892
Reaction score
2,225
Location
Western NY state (USA)
In all honesty, that confuses me, too.

I assume you are using the same USB cable? Maybe try another...? Or, try plugging her iPad directly to the computer (don't use a stand alone port or dock)...

Has her iPad ever been plugged into your computer (as in, it's worked before)?

Oh, just for the heck of it, have you tried a restart or a reset of her iPad, then try to plug it in? That may make it "wake up."

Also, take a look at this troubleshooting guide from Apple: http://www.apple.com/support/iphone/assistant/itunes/. Maybe it'll help.

See if any of that is of any use. If not, holler back. Sorry for the trouble.

Marilyn
 
OP
N

nate1224hoops

iPF Noob
Joined
Jul 14, 2011
Messages
18
Reaction score
0
Mickey330 said:
In all honesty, that confuses me, too.

I assume you are using the same USB cable? Maybe try another...? Or, try plugging her iPad directly to the computer (don't use a stand alone port or dock)...

Has her iPad ever been plugged into your computer (as in, it's worked before)?

Oh, just for the heck of it, have you tried a restart or a reset of her iPad, then try to plug it in? That may make it "wake up."

Also, take a look at this troubleshooting guide from Apple: http://www.apple.com/support/iphone/assistant/itunes/. Maybe it'll help.

See if any of that is of any use. If not, holler back. Sorry for the trouble.

Marilyn

Confuses me too.

I have never updated her computer. It recognizes my iPad just fine. I have reset and visited this site.

Anything else
 

Most reactions

Latest posts

Top