What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad as screen for PS3

HowardPower

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am wanting to use an iPad as an in dash screen for a PS3. I can't believe that I can stream video wirelessly to an iPad Through wifi but I can't directly connect a device with an AV cable. I have found a lot of people wanting to use an iPad as a primary monitor and I figure there's money to be made by writing an app that would allow this. Does anyone have any suggestions? I don't want a different screen. I want to use an iPad as a screen for my ps3.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
There are no video-in pins on the iPad's conector. You would have to use a USB converter, the Camera Connection Kit, and write your own USB to video interface, which means it would be a jailbreak only app. Probably half a dozen other little obsticals to ovecome.

But if you can do it I'm sure it would be a very popular app.

Stickney

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Select Wireless as your connection method and press right on the directional pad to continue.

jlkohel911

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ipad for ps3 screen

Select Wireless as your connection method and press right on the directional pad to continue.

Has anyone tried this? I'm interestedin the same outcome. I'm a trucker with my dad and i want to replace my 24" led tv with "the new iPad" for a better mobile solution.

Zergslayer69

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If that were to work you'd need an app on the iPad to capture the streamed images.

iRuthlessPad

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Maybe something like hdmi to apple pin connector would work with a software..OPTIMISTIC approach will also help :p

Sent from my iPad 2 white 64 gb (ios 5.0.1) using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts