What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ipad and facebook apps

steve1204

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Will the ipad run the apps on facebook? I understand there is a flash issue for certain apps. Is there a list somewhere that tells you what facebook apps if any will be compatible with the ipad.

OP
S

steve1204

iPF Noob
Reaction score
lol...ok that was amusing...hope someone answers the real question though.

Stefx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
All his posts (3) were like that. Not sure what aobama52 is trying to do, but it looks like he's not sure either.

deckyon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.sturmphoto.com
If it is flash, it wont work. I do know Farmville actually has an ipad app that allows you to connect and play your farm on fb.

Worst thing, try the app. if it works, then good. if not, it took 5 secs to find out.

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No facebook apps will work with the iPad... it's all Flash.

However, I use SplashTop Remote to remote into my Windows box and play any flash game I want. I am currently addicted to Farkle (hey!) so this let's me play it on my iPad and it works quite well. Even over 3G.

Michael

OP
S

steve1204

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks for the some real answers.. well I am still hooked on gettting it..how are the apps for ipad...are they worthy of five dollars or whatever their price is?

Stefx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It depends

Some are, some aren't

Some apps have a "lite" version that you can try for free before you buy the full version.

a.don.is

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
adonistech.wordpress.com
the simple answer is of course, no.

as far as a good FB app, I have tried both Social and Friendly. Am currently using Friendly as it most closely replicates the FB experience. Social is very good also. Friendly can do most everything in FB without dropping out to Safari.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Zinga is very very profit driven, so I wouldn't be surprised if all their FB games end up in the App Store before Xmas.

Most reactions