What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Air not downloading apps

Jean Paul

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

This has been bugging me for a week now. I have not been able to download, or update apps in the apps store. I tried resetting network connection, hard reboot, and even did total-restore but I'm still getting the same error. I created another apple ID hoping it will fix it but still got the same error. Suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

OP
J

Jean Paul

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, man. Will do it in a few. Any idea why my ISP will be blocked from apple's servers? How do I fix it?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
This is more a troubleshooting thing than anything else. I'm making suggestions to change things up, and hoping a clue will drop out.

Meaning, I have no idea.

I can't think of any reason why a home service ISP would block Apple Servers; but no other explanation comes to mind.

I forgot to ask. What's the error you are getting. Might be a clue there.

OP
J

Jean Paul

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah, more like it. It says,

Unable to download app
"Facebook" could not bo downloaded at this time.

With the factory reset and change in apple ID, I was hoping it should've been fixed. Guess I'll try the service center if this doesn't work in a few days.

OP
J

Jean Paul

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tried doing a hotspot from my phone last week, it worked. So when I got home, I deleted my home network, then added it back. It worked for a few days, then the problem's back and won't work anymore after several network and factory reset.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Changing your Apple ID is kind of extreme. All your purchases are tied to the Apple ID. If you've paid for anything, you have to pay again if you want it with the new ID.

Also, it almost never fixes anything.

So, just for the heck of it. Go to Settings iTunes & App Store, sign out, then sign back in with your old ID.

Since you have an iPad Air, did you pay for Applecare when you got it? If you did, don't forget that you have two years of free Tech Support.

Even if you did not, this is an iTunes/App Store sort of problem; and iTunes Store support is free: https://getsupport.apple.com/Issues.action

As you can tell, I'm not confident I can solve the problem for you. :(

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I tried doing a hotspot from my phone last week, it worked. So when I got home, I deleted my home network, then added it back. It worked for a few days, then the problem's back and won't work anymore after several network and factory reset.

That does suggest problems with the router. Check your router's manufacture site and see if they have any updates. This sometimes helps.

iPads and some router brands/models have a history of not liking each other. It's been pretty rare with newer routers, but you might be a victim of this.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Also, before you restart your router, go into the iPad's wi-fi settings and forget the network. Join again after the router comes back online. This generally works better than doing just one or the other.

With both devices forgetting each other, they have to start over from scratch.

OP
J

Jean Paul

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Also, before you restart your router, go into the iPad's wi-fi settings and forget the network. Join again after the router comes back online. This generally works better than doing just one or the other.

With both devices forgetting each other, they have to start over from scratch.

Yeah, I tried both actually. I really think there's a problem with the router, as you suggest, or problem with the unit itself. I'm calling the ISP in the morning and take this iPad to the service center too.

I didn't pay for the Applecare but I'm sending a help email to Apple Support.

Thanks, Man!

Most reactions