What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 4 mail program

Ibill

iPF Novice
Reaction score
All the info in my folders under @outlook has disappeared. A couple of weeks ago when I went to look under some folders they were shown but they just scrolled off right under my eyes. I can go to my @outlook program in Safari and they are all there. Good thing because I keep all my online paid bill emails in them. Just why won't they come up in my mail program anymore?
On edit: I can move mail to my folders from the iPad mail acount and they will go to my Outlook program but still wont show up in iPad mail when I go back.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Look at your choice in Settings - Mails, Contacts, Calendars - the account - Mail Days to Sync.
There are options, from 1 day to 1 month, which will remove the emails from your iPad, but keep them on the server.

Last edited:
OP
Ibill

Ibill

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thank you! Was set on 1 week. Set it to no limit and they all came back. Funny it worked for almost a year. Gremlins! LOL

n4uau

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Look at your choice in Settings - Mails, Contacts, Calendars - the account - Mail Days to Sync.
There are options, from 1 day to 1 month, which will remove the emails from your iPad, but keep them on the server.
JA,
Huh? I see no "days to sync" for my mail only for my calendar events. iOS 7.1.2. , iPad Air, USA. I know "back when" you could select fewer emails to down load from cloud but now I get all.

What am I missing?

JUST looked at similar thread below. Seems this option is Outlook specific. I have Gmail so that must be why.

Most reactions

Latest posts