What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 4 iOS 7 old keyboard?

TheSagittarius

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hello,
I updated my iPad 4G to iOS 7 and on some apps I still have the old keyboard. Is it a bug or the apps should be updated to the new iOS?
Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    214.7 KB · Views: 1,106

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello,
I updated my iPad 4G to iOS 7 and on some apps I still have the old keyboard. Is it a bug or the apps should be updated to the new iOS?
Thanks

I don't think it's a bug as I've noticed you get different keyboards in various apps, including the default Apple apps (they even change color!).

And, maybe the app itself hasn't been updated, so it will still show the old keyboard. While Apple controls the look of the keyboard in its default apps, developers can modify the keyboard how they wish inside their own app.

So, if you see the old keyboard in an Apple app (that comes with the iPad), then yes, I'd say it needs reporting as it's a bug. Otherwise, it's the app and the developers just need to update it.

Hope that helps.

Marilyn

OP
TheSagittarius

TheSagittarius

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I don't think it's a bug as I've noticed you get different keyboards in various apps, including the default Apple apps (they even change color!). And, maybe the app itself hasn't been updated, so it will still show the old keyboard. While Apple controls the look of the keyboard in its default apps, developers can modify the keyboard how they wish inside their own app. So, if you see the old keyboard in an Apple app (that comes with the iPad), then yes, I'd say it needs reporting as it's a bug. Otherwise, it's the app and the developers just need to update it. Hope that helps. Marilyn

OK. Understand! Thank you very much.

Most reactions

Latest posts