What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 3G Support Group Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
G

Greg G

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It is painful :p

I got a letter in the mail from Best Buy yesterday stating that I have silver status and therefore I can have 45 days to take things back with no fees. Oh, I am so tempted...

My husband thinks this would be wrong for me to do though :p

I hear your husband regarding the wrongness of "renting" an iPad from Best Buy. I rationalized it by deciding that I would give the WiFi version an honest evaluation to see if I really need the 3G. I also told the sales guy that I may decide to go with 3G and talked about their return policy.

So far I have spent almost all of my time in WiFi available zones but plan a trip next weekend where I won't be. I find myself using the online features all the time so the thought of not having access bothers me enough that I really do want the 3G.

Be smart, put that one on eBay while you wait. You may score quite a bit more money for your efforts.

If you don't you can always take it back and eat the restocking fee.

I thought about the eBay thing so I can hold onto it a few weeks longer but it will not be a "new in box" device so I would not expect to get all of my money back. Regarding the restocking fee - that is not the policy at Best Buy. If I had bought it at the Apple Store it would be a different story.

-Greg

OP
G

Greg G

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anyone else disappointed that Apple had nothing to say about the 3G release date during their big OS 4 announcement today? They talked about iPad enough that mixing messages would not be a concern. I can only think that they don't know when it will be ready. :(

Edlex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anyone else disappointed that Apple had nothing to say about the 3G release date during their big OS 4 announcement today? They talked about iPad enough that mixing messages would not be a concern. I can only think that they don't know when it will be ready. :(

I was hoping he would throw it out at the end as an " oh by the way" comment but I guess it's better that they get it right and not just get it out fast. Doesn't seem like we're getting 4.0 until the fall so that won't add to the anxiety we already have. Rock on 3G'ers.

OP
G

Greg G

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was hoping he would throw it out at the end as an " oh by the way" comment but I guess it's better that they get it right and not just get it out fast. Doesn't seem like we're getting 4.0 until the fall so that won't add to the anxiety we already have. Rock on 3G'ers.

I would prefer to get it now and need a fix for 3g down the road since at least we would have what the wifi folks have. Understand that Apple would not want to have to deal with the PR mess that it would cause but I'd take it for sure.

Good job making 4.0 coming in fall into a positive. I had not thought about it muddying the waters for the 3G release but it does make sense

-Greg

Breckbi4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was bummed that no one asked the BURNING question at the Apple launch of OS 4.0. :mad: When will the 3G model of the Ipad be released!?:confused:

Last edited:

nursedina

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I AM literally going out of my mind. WTF??? I am actually thinking seriously about canceling my order. I spent a lot of money on this and they can't even give a date? Part of me is starting to think that I don't really need it. If I went this long without it, I can certainly go longer right? I may cancel and wait for the next version to come out. This is ridiculous that they should make people wait. I wannnnnaaaaa pllllaaaayyyyy

edge7

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hang in there NurseDina!!! Breeathe, after you get your 3G and start playing you will be so happy you got it. 2nd generation is for wimps! Were in this together, what's a couple of weeks? :D

betzee_p

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I AM literally going out of my mind. WTF??? I am actually thinking seriously about canceling my order. I spent a lot of money on this and they can't even give a date? Part of me is starting to think that I don't really need it. If I went this long without it, I can certainly go longer right? I may cancel and wait for the next version to come out. This is ridiculous that they should make people wait. I wannnnnaaaaa pllllaaaayyyyy
They are waiting on FCC approval. It's not totally Apple's fault. Hang in there.:)

lowlife

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I know and understand your pain. I got so frustrated about not getting a date that I thought about canceling my order. Its just an anger response and goes away with therapy.

DavidNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
They are waiting on FCC approval. It's not totally Apple's fault. Hang in there.:)

Where did you hear this?

nursedina

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just wanna play. I'm going to wait till morning and then decide if I really want this that bad. I thought I did, but the more I think about it, maybe I can do without it. I am furious not over the waiting, but for the lack of a date. For all we know, they could say - ah...maybe end of May. I 'm not too sure. On second thought, I will give it till Sunday, no word on a date yet, then I think I am a lost customer and I will have to come abck and live vicariously through all of you!!

Edlex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As anxiety ridden as I am, the truth is, I have plenty of toys in my life to keep me busy. I really want the 3G can offer so I will wait. Now if after I wait, it doesn't live up to their claims, then we have an issue. My airstash isn't shipping until 4/30 anyway so I will be patient.

lowlife

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yeah they gave a date for the WiFi almost immediately. Its as if they do not want to commit so they can back out if needed.

Be strong and hold out.

Sonny Burnett

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am planing on getting a 64GB + 3G, but only if Apple addresses the WiFi issues going on. The USB charging issue is understandable but the WiFi issue is unacceptable. If they don't have a real resolution for the problem (I don't like their BS tech article on this) by the time the 3Gs are released, sales will end up reflecting the confidence that the consumer has lost in them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts