What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 3G Support Group Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

iceman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi All,

I just got back from the Mall where we have a Best Buy and an Apple store. I spent about and hour in each playing with the iPad and asking everyone there when the 3G were coming out. Everyone said "Late April"

My mini iPad review:

Browsing the web works great. Pages load fast, and it's easy to make the text larger so that you can read them, or move around the page. I purposely went to cnn.com to see what happens with flash. The video is there, but you can't run it. Personally, I don't think it's something that I am going to miss.

Youtube app - works great. I watched a few video's, including one that I created.

Typing - The iPads at the store all seem to be 16GB ones (at least at Best Buy), and they had the iPages on it. I did a little typing on it and worked ok. I'm not sure that I would want to do a lot of typing this way. Work well enough for small amounts though.

Games - I tried Real Racing HD (iPad app) - worked very well. Nice grapics. I also tried Need for Speed, which was an iPhone app. Worked well. A bit grainy, but worked fine. I plan to just have a couple of games on my iPad for the kids to play in the car anyway.

All in all the device worked as I expected.

I think there are going to be a lot of disappointed people wishing they bought the 3G one though. I can see this device being great for carrying around and getting on the net were ever you are, and without 3G, their going to be hunting for hot spots.

Let me know if you have any questions about my experience.

robb25j

iPF Noob
Reaction score
im waiting just like you guys but i ended up buying a 16gb wifi on launch date but i really cant enjoy it because im a truck driver and its hard to finf wifi spots driving a 18 wheeler :mad: i wish apple would announce a date already because im staying out on the road until i know the offical date

Rasputina

iPF Noob
Reaction score
LOL I'm out.

I caved and bought the 64 gig at my local Apple store yesterday. They had a nice selection of cases but I am holding out for the M-Edge one I want.

Rasputina

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi All,

I think there are going to be a lot of disappointed people wishing they bought the 3G one though. I can see this device being great for carrying around and getting on the net were ever you are, and without 3G, their going to be hunting for hot spots.

Let me know if you have any questions about my experience.

I can use my iphone for that if I need to.

OP
G

Greg G

iPF Noob
Reaction score
LOL I'm out.

I caved and bought the 64 gig at my local Apple store yesterday. They had a nice selection of cases but I am holding out for the M-Edge one I want.

I caved too but since i did it at Best Buy I can and likely will bring my Ipad back. That is going to hurt though. I did not realize how quickly and thoroughly this thing would become integrated into my life.

I wish they would just give us a date already! The further into the month we get the more i believe that they are having some kind of problem with 3g.

Oh well, at least I'll be able to catch up on my tv again!

-Greg

Edlex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just look at it this way. The longer they take the more time they have to work out any hardware issues. I'd rather get it later than have to deal with problems sooner.

jaspertyler

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It is painful :p

I got a letter in the mail from Best Buy yesterday stating that I have silver status and therefore I can have 45 days to take things back with no fees. Oh, I am so tempted...

My husband thinks this would be wrong for me to do though :p

dennis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can't believe I didn't see this thread until now. I have felt somewhat alone the past week. Glad to see so many 3G'ers here who are going through the same thing together.

Are we geeks or what???? :D

iceman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We are frustrated geeks.

EXTREMELY Frustrated Geeks!

But just THINK how frustrated that people who bought wi-fi only iPads will be?

Especially with unlimited 3G!

We should see some kind of rumors hitting the net soon about a date. Apple is doing a press conference today about the iPhone OS version 4.0. Maybe they will mention something about the iPad?

4phun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am embarrassed to report that I cracked and bought the WiFi iPad at Best Buy today. I went to take a look and touch one while I wait for my 3G and they had one more 64g in stock. They have a 2 week return policy (don't get 30 days on computer equipment) and while I love it I am pretty sure that it will go back in favor of the 3G version. I know it will mean having no iPad for a period of time while I wait but I think it was worth it to get the edge off. I wish everyone in the support thread the best and will be back with you in two weeks.

-Greg

Be smart, put that one on eBay while you wait. You may score quite a bit more money for your efforts.

If you don't you can always take it back and eat the restocking fee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts