What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 3G Support Group Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

iceman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
you will laugh but from yesterday same time in ipad are stated GUANGZHOU, CN 04/02/2010 4:10 A.M. DEPARTURE SCAN

and i am at 30 minutes from the Guangzhou airport , but he will have to go in New-York before return to me ... so until next tuesday i can't get my hand in ... so i clearly know what you mean

IpadOne,

Arrggghh! That is frustrating!

I'm looking forward to your website opening up. The docking station looks interesting. Will you have something like the camera kit, but maybe cheaper?

OP
G

Greg G

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you for starting this thread. I am going to require medication before the 3G gets released!

Sure thing. I need the safe place to go (even if a few 1day people have snuck into the thread...:mad:) to vent my frustrations.

I figured when I ordered the 3G that it would be a good thing to have time to cancel my order if the iPad ended up sucking. I really don't like the closed nature of these Apple devices much preferring the concept of Android. The problem is the execution is just not there for other devices and the closed nature does seem to lead to quality at the end of the day. What pushed me over the edge was when Apple announced that they would support DRM free ePub just like they do MP3s. The iPad will replace my Sony Reader (though I have loved my Reader without 3G... hrm...).

Anyway, I'm glad folks are enjoying the theropy and remember - no happy wifi stories are allowed in this thread! ;)

David , i am also waiting but i am a little more lucky as i have also order a wifi ... so the pain will be less than you

I considered ordering both to avoid some of the pain this month but could not justify it. I figured I'd hold onto it and return it and eat the restocking fee. I may end up getting the WiFi version at Best Buy with their good return 30 policy if I can find it in stock and Apple doesn't come up with a 3G date soon. Who knows, I may end up not missing the 3G/GPS. I also fear they are having problems since I don't understand why Apple can't be more specific than "Late April" at this point.

Anyway, fellow sufferers, pull me in off the ledge before I leap and abandon 3G! Clearly everyone out there is nuts to be buying a WiFi only iPad!

-Greg

iceman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I figured when I ordered the 3G that it would be a good thing to have time to cancel my order if the iPad ended up sucking. I really don't like the closed nature of these Apple devices much preferring the concept of Android. The problem is the execution is just not there for other devices and the closed nature does seem to lead to quality at the end of the day.

This is exactly what I was thinking! I would much prefer either Android or the ChromeOS, but it looks like those won't be available for 6 months or more. I will probably end up selling the iPad in 6 - 8 months when something else comes along. :D

Is anyone going to check out the iPad tomorrow anyway? I took Monday off so I could go down the Apple store and actually hold an iPad in my hands (even if it's just a wi-fi one :D)

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ipad waiting is frustated

you will laugh but from yesterday same time in ipad are stated GUANGZHOU, CN 04/02/2010 4:10 A.M. DEPARTURE SCAN

and i am at 30 minutes from the Guangzhou airport , but he will have to go in New-York before return to me ... so until next tuesday i can't get my hand in ... so i clearly know what you mean

IpadOne,

Arrggghh! That is frustrating!

I'm looking forward to your website opening up. The docking station looks interesting. Will you have something like the camera kit, but maybe cheaper?

We will have something better .... in term of price our policy is to be aggressive .. so be patient

PS: you are right is frustrating ....

OP
G

Greg G

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am embarrassed to report that I cracked and bought the WiFi iPad at Best Buy today. I went to take a look and touch one while I wait for my 3G and they had one more 64g in stock. They have a 2 week return policy (don't get 30 days on computer equipment) and while I love it I am pretty sure that it will go back in favor of the 3G version. I know it will mean having no iPad for a period of time while I wait but I think it was worth it to get the edge off. I wish everyone in the support thread the best and will be back with you in two weeks.

-Greg

Edlex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good morning fellow 3G'ers. Yesterday was an awesome launch day for many of our forum members. A bit bittersweet for us reading about all the fun they were having but worry not, our day will come. Now that the initial launch is over, apple can concentrate on getting our "babies" in our hands. After drowning my sorrows last night, in a very nice Cabernet I might add, I have awakened to a new perspective. I'm confident a solid shipping date is forthcoming and I'm very hopeful that fedex is chosen as the shipping partner. Reading about those UPS mishaps, particularly what happened to iDan, made me shudder. So in the meantime let's soak in the information our wifi bretheren provide. Let's continue to keep the excitement going because our launch party will be real soon and we won't need a "hotspot" to have it!

Carry on 3G'ers...

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad second hand

I am embarrassed to report that I cracked and bought the WiFi iPad at Best Buy today. I went to take a look and touch one while I wait for my 3G and they had one more 64g in stock. They have a 2 week return policy (don't get 30 days on computer equipment) and while I love it I am pretty sure that it will go back in favor of the 3G version. I know it will mean having no iPad for a period of time while I wait but I think it was worth it to get the edge off. I wish everyone in the support thread the best and will be back with you in two weeks.

-Greg

Greg i believe you will have no trouble for sell you're wifi in E-bay when the 3G come out as many people oversea want to get one but they have to wait ... for your reference lot of my friend already ask me what i will do with the iPad i bought for our testing , when i reply not yet decide 3 of them they said i buy the one you have as i don't know when it will come here (china)

you will surely loose some buck but i bet not that much

Edlex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh I thought about it but the threat of my wife freaking kept me from doing it. Truth is once she sees mine she will definitely want one. So don't worry, you still have company in your misery. Soon "Late April" will become a real date.

rtking

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anyone still with me or did everyone give in and buy one yesterday? It was a close call for me :p

Nope... still here, still waiting for my 64GB 3G iPad.

I did, however, make a potentially near-fatal error: I took my wife and son to Best Buy to check out the iPad. They came, they saw, they want. So my iPad may not end-up being my iPad after all! :p My son (3 1/2 years old) loved the Electronic Arts "Need for Speed" game, my wife loved the photo album and being able to do all that she currently does on her Macbook.

Sigh... I might have to order another 3G! :p And once my mom sees the iPad, my guess is that she'll want one too! :rolleyes:

jaspertyler

iPF Noob
Reaction score
See now if my husband would want one I would be able to buy one now and play with it :p He is not interested and would completely freak out if I bought two. He worries about my love for gadgets sometimes. haha

Gmunford

iPF Noob
Reaction score
"Casually" dropped by Apple store yesterday to see if the hype matches reality, trying hard to feel superior that I'm holding out for the 3g...but fighting the urge to snatch a wifi out of some young punk's hands and dash down the street. Thing is, I've struggled with every kind of handheld, laptop, slate, palmtop, PDA, mini, netbook, tablet etc. known to man waiting for the Real Thing. Happy to report: It has arrived! Waiting a few more days (weeks...?) wont kill me. Maybe. Thanks for commiserating.

iceman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got my iPad for Easter:

DSCN1070Small.jpg

It even came with the optional dock and external keyboard :D

Tomorrow I'm heading down to the local Apple store or Best Buy so that I can at least hold an iPad in my hands.

Has anyone seen any hints or any information about when the 3G's are shipping? I would have thought that Apple would have said something yesterday :mad:

Edlex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm pretty confiden will get a firm shipping date this week. Wifi is yesterdays news, the future is 3G!

Rock on 3G'ers!

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad 3G

I'm pretty confiden will get a firm shipping date this week. Wifi is yesterdays news, the future is 3G!

Rock on 3G'ers!

Eldex maybe you should say : iPad 3G is too slow :D:D:D:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts