What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 3G Support Group Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greg G

iPF Noob
Reaction score
With the the release of the iPad WiFi imminent I think it would be helpful for those of us who are waiting for the 3G version to have a place to come and vent and hate and share evil thoughts about waiting and those that are happily enjoying their WiFi versions. If you are a WiFi iPad owner, please leave this thread right now and go to a thread where you can gush about how happy you are. We don't want to hear it! :mad: This is in no way intended to disrespect you nor should anything we write in here be taken very seriously but we need a place to lick our wounds and ride out the wave of euphoria that we are missing. You can only download iBook into your iTunes Apps directory without being able to use it so many times before it gets old... We need a place where we can still feel like we are early adopters even if Apple still won't tell us exactly when we will have ours. We need to justify our decision to abuse ourselves with the wait. We need to write about how smart we are for waiting for 3G and how sad all WiFi people will be when they see how VERY COOL we are once we get ours.

I can't wait to go find a hot-spot free zone and surf the web on my iPad. I will surf from my hotel room without having to pay $10/day for WiFi access! I will surf from my car while I wait for my wife to get her iced tea from the Starbuks that I found due to a GPS that only we have! I will read and refresh RSS feeds while sitting on the beach! I will be the coolest!!!!

I feel better already.... ok the pain is back - please help!!! :D

-Greg

fairoasis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you for starting this thread. I am going to require medication before the 3G gets released! I have prepared like a new mother for the arrival of my new addition. I have the latest iTunes, downloaded apps, did a little tidy work to my music, and have all of my accessories ordered. The anticipation is soooooooooooo painful, I'm ready to wait in line and try to get a wifi only version that I can gift to one of my kids when my 3G comes in.

edge7

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I appreciate you starting a thread to commiserate with our fellow 3Gers. It's kinda like not being invited to big event that all your friends are going to. I have to admit I have been checking the status of my order at Apple.... several times a day. Why don't I see an Apple charge to my AmEx account? When exactly is late April? Anyway, I'm sure in the long run we will be glad we made the 3G decision. later.........:ipad-back:

Rasputina

iPF Noob
Reaction score
LOL, I'd probably be more frustrated but I really sick right now and feel like crap so that has dulled my anticipation a little bit. I have been searching the app store and downloading apps and checking to see which of my iphone apps have been updated for ipad.

My dock shipped at least.

iceman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm just glad that I am not the only one! Thank You for creating this thread! I have been filling my time (instead of working :)) by:

1) Writing down the apps that I want to get when I get my iPad
2) Reading everything that has been written about the iPad and watching the videos.
3) Google terms like:
"3G ipad ship"
"late april"
along with various combinations of the above.

I need to install iTunes, but I should probably rebuild my computer first (Windows XP), since it's been awhile.

Any other suggestions?

BTW, I read that Canada is getting the iPad on April 24th, and they had been told "late April" soooooooo.... maybe?..........

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
BTW, I read that Canada is getting the iPad on April 24th, and they had been told "late April" soooooooo.... maybe?..........
Still no definite news on Apple.ca site, maybe tomorrow?

BTW Who's the head shrink on this thread and how much is this costing us?:p

jaspertyler

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am so with you on this! I will be excited to read all of the reviews, etc. but it will be a difficult month! I am painfully excited!

Edlex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you so much for this thread. Finally a place where we can get a virtual hug from those who "really" understand how painful "Late April" really feels. Amongst my own, finally.

Rasputina

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Let me tell ya that the whole late April thing almost made me get the wifi only version. But I knew I'd regret it later. The wait sucks though.

kindle updated their app today so it's now kindle for iphone and ipad

DavidNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To those who wait come the spoils. I'm glad there's a thread.

Look at it this way - like all day 1 product 1 rollouts - there are going to be some glitches and 'oh shoots'. Probably not a lot - but there will be some. All of those issues will be address or fixes in the works by the time our units arrive.

Don't you all kind of feel like you're 7 years old and it's 4 days until Christmas - and it seems like a friggen eternity?

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
David , i am also waiting but i am a little more lucky as i have also order a wifi ... so the pain will be less than you

chiffchaff

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm so glad to find this thread. All those posts with a "01 Day to Ship" signature banners are just too painful to see. Here, I feel a little better! (edited to add: or I did til I saw the previous post - <sigh> - enjoy, iPadOne, and be sure to give us your impresssions!)

DanaNgidhu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
David , i am also waiting but i am a little more lucky as i have also order a wifi ... so the pain will be less than you

I feel like a child in the car with my parents on vacation. "ARE WE THERE YET!!!

On Christmas time, when I used to look through closets for the gifts; shake them, and sometimes open the ends and peek. Can't do that now! :D

Dana

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ipad waiting

I feel like a child in the car with my parents on vacation. "ARE WE THERE YET!!!

On Christmas time, when I used to look through closets for the gifts; shake them, and sometimes open the ends and peek. Can't do that now! :D

Dana

you will laugh but from yesterday same time in ipad are stated
GUANGZHOU, CN 04/02/2010 4:10 A.M. DEPARTURE SCAN

and i am at 30 minutes from the Guangzhou airport , but he will have to go in New-York before return to me ... so until next tuesday i can't get my hand in ... so i clearly know what you mean

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts