What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 3G Support Group Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It is like buying a new car and getting a dent in it. It may still be perfectly functional, but it is no longer perfect.

DanaTheEwok

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Paddy and coat.

Paddy was born at 12:30 on April 30th and coat
was born 15 min. later. :)

dana-coat.jpg
"]http://www.ipadforums.net/img/dana-coat.jpg[/img][/URL]

lreyn330

iPF Noob
Reaction score
has anyone downloaded a app for printing, if so which one and is it easy to use. Thanks for any help.

Reestemple

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone!!! Just loving my Ipad as you all are--life is so good...

Wondering if anyone knows of an app that is a " flash" player for Ipad. I have an app from my Iphone-NASA live TV that doesn't seem to work on my Ipad as I think it needs a flash player. Any help appreciated.

Edlex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone!!! Just loving my Ipad as you all are--life is so good...

Wondering if anyone knows of an app that is a " flash" player for Ipad. I have an app from my Iphone-NASA live TV that doesn't seem to work on my Ipad as I think it needs a flash player. Any help appreciated.

Cmon really? A flash player app? I'll tell you what, you find that and it will be the number one app in the world within 15 minutes,

Ron_L

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Gang... I got my 3G 64G on Saturday from a local Apple store. I thought I would be able to pick it up on Saturday morning so I called the three Apple stores nearest my home and all three said that they had all models in stock. Life got in the way and I didn't leave my house until 3:30pm, so I call the stores again to verify stock. The closest store had nothing left, not even wifi iPads, the second store only had wifi units in stock, and the third, and farthest, store only had the 64G 3G model in stock. That was what i wanted so I asked how many they had and how fast they were selling. I was told that they had 20 left and they were selling about 5 an hour. I was an hour away so I figured I was safe. When i got there the place was mobbed. When i finally found an available employee she went into the back room to see what was left. The wait seemed like forever but she finally came out with an iPad in hand and it was the 64G 3G model! She told me that it was the second to last one!

Since then, it hasn't left my side. i am loving it! i used it to take notes using Evernote and the notes automatically sync to my iPhone and Macbook Air. I am also loving Goodreader. You can sync documents from your computer to the iPad and Goodreader using iTunes. When I installed Goodreader a document sync area opened up at the bottom of the app sync page in iTunes. It works great for .pdfs, Word docs, Excel docs and even PowerPoint presentations! I also downloaded Remoter, which is a simple VNC client that lets me control my Mac from the iPad. Very cool.

avspatti

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just checked with my bank.. my CC still not charged.. but my pads

Apr 29, 2010 9:03 PM
Arrived at FedEx location​

MEMPHIS, TN​

anyone else with this situation..

nope...my money has been gone for well over a week. but my ipad is in TN

I was pre-authorized over a week ago as well (Apr 21) but the cash is still only pre-authorized... fortunately.. the shippment is going ahead as normal..
Apr 30, 2010 3:08 AM
Departed FedEx location​

MEMPHIS, TN​

another issue i just noticed is that the weight has changed as well(was 7 pds now 9pds, ordered 2 64g). Could be the pad be growing ???!!?
Service type
Standard Overnight - Indirect Signature Required
helpIcon.gif

Weight
9.0 lbs/4.1 kg

Maybe they are reproducing! LOL

avspatti

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I must say this is the most entertaining thread I have ever read! After much thought, I decided to get the 32G 3G iPad, so I went down to the Apple store last week, but they were all sold out. :( No problem - I just reserved one for when they got more in. Got an e-mail today to say my iPad is there. Tomorrow is the big day for me!

I have to say that I am a bit ambivalent about buying this as I don't really NEED it; I just want it. I have a MacBook that I love and take every where. Hmmm - my problem is that I love Apple stuff having begun with an Apple IIC long ago.

Thanks for the fun reading.

:)

OP
G

Greg G

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I must say this is the most entertaining thread I have ever read! After much thought, I decided to get the 32G 3G iPad, so I went down to the Apple store last week, but they were all sold out. :( No problem - I just reserved one for when they got more in. Got an e-mail today to say my iPad is there. Tomorrow is the big day for me!

I have to say that I am a bit ambivalent about buying this as I don't really NEED it; I just want it. I have a MacBook that I love and take every where. Hmmm - my problem is that I love Apple stuff having begun with an Apple IIC long ago.

Thanks for the fun reading.

:)

Welcome! I think that your ambivalence will end pretty quickly!

-Greg

Gmunford

iPF Noob
Reaction score

A day (or two) in the iPadLife
At airport: Breezed through security without removing from bag (!); checked/updated calendar ; answered email; started extended client memo (almost missing plane because so engrossed)
On plane: Finished memo; watched 1st half of Avatar (downloaded before trip)
At Airport: Checked messages, made connections
At meeting: Used Evernote to take notes and consult past notes
In room: Answered email; Used Drop box and Quickoffice to retrieve and edit copy; Listened internet radio; Finished Avatar
At meeting: More notes
On plane back: Wrote memos re. trip; Watched 1 Dick Van Dyke episode.
All instant on, flawless operation, lightning fast, under a pound and 1/2 inch thick . Tell me it’s not a game changer!

iKimm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iPad is definitely a game changer!!! I am sooooooo very happy with mine. The kids enjoy it too :D

I finally got the Apple Case for it & I LOVE it. I keep it in the case at all times. It sits on my lap so easily with the back folded & stands up nice too. Yes, it fits like a glove & that is another reason that I like it. No bulk added. ;)

Enjoy!!! :)

lilman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've lurked this thread for a while now, watching the interest in the 3g but not expecting to get one myself due to cost. But on 3g release day my parents surprised me with a 64gb 3g + apple case... I was so surprised (my parents rock!). I've been really enjoying the iPad so far. Mostly using it for web browsing and manga reading. I use to wake up / suspend my laptop throughout the day just to check a few web sites, but being able to just turn the iPad on, have instant access to the Internet, and then turn it off a few minutes later has been a huge convenience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions