What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 3G Support Group Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamstefan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Steve works in mysterious ways... They will be shipped tomorrow night.

If this is true, do you think that would be tomorrow night China time (allowing for the 12 hour difference)...therefore making it 12 hours earlier here?

Just curious as to what you thought.

The 2Q 2010 conference call will take place tomorrow; as soon as it is over, we will see shipping notices sent to us. That would make early AM Wednesday in China.

scarlettohara1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am SO glad to see that more people are getting the "great news"!! Gremlin.....couldn't agree more....i hope I don't scare the Fed Ex man when I sprint to his truck, screaming "Yes it is FINALLY here!".

DavidNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What makes everyone think they're still in China? Maybe they've already been shipping them to the US.

ipadgypsy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Me so excited!!!!

I ordered ipad March 12th at 6:29pm
With Apple care

I got the magic e-mail today at 2:07pm

My Credit card has $1,000 pending (I bought 64gb and apple care)!!!

My Apple care has moved from 'on order' to complete.

Today I received my extra power adapter which had been showing a ship date of Late April - that was a surprise, though camera connection kit has not shipped and there is a note saying items will ship as available and may ship separately.

So - I now have the Apple case....the keyboard dock....the in-ear plugs with adorable triangular case (much better than the old ear buds) an extra power adapter to keep at work - and a bunch of apps downloaded already....I AM SO READY!!

That Steve - he is my hero - he really knows the power of a Cliff-Hanger...
Here's the magic indeed - we are all reliving our childhoods waiting for Christmas Morning and I for one - LOVE IT!

Gypsy

iceman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So the next thing that we should looking for is:

Shipment Notification email with carrier and tracking information

From the Apple.com website Help section:

Delivery Time
We keep you informed

Shortly after you place your order, you will receive an Order Acknowledgement email to confirm your order details, including shipping and delivery estimates for each item. Once your item has prepared for shipment and ships, you will receive a Shipment Notification email with carrier and tracking information.

You can visit online Order Status 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, to view the most up-to-date status of your order.

If you're shipping your order to someone else, you may want Apple to let them know that something special is on the way. During checkout, simply enter the recipient's email address in the "Email Address (optional)" field of the Shipping module. The email will display product, carrier, and tracking information, but will not include pricing and payment details.

Shipping and delivery estimates

The ‘Ships’ timeframe is an estimate of when the item will prepare for shipment and ship from our warehouse. The items on your order will ship as they become available.

The ‘Delivers’ timeframe is an estimate of when the item will be delivered to your shipping address after it ships. The estimated delivery time depends on the shipping method you choose during checkout.

All estimates are based on business days.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Don't have it all figured out yet, but my camera connection kit is prepared for shipment, iPad is Not Shipped Yet.

mediapad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just called Apple support because I have my 3g being shipped to a business and the Saturday home delivery option from FedEx would not work for a Saturday delivery. I called to ask if they thought I should change the shipping address. Obviously they wouldn't give me a shipping date but she ASSURED me that they would be shipping from the US warehouses. I know my keyboard dock came directly from China (the 3g's would have to originate from there as well at some point) but maybe they are already in the US and Apple is just waiting to release them to us.

Another speculation, but I thought it was interesting that she said they would definitely ship from the US.

Food for thought.

This is the info from the keyboard dock that just came from China last week.
Date/Time Activity Location DetailsApr 15, 2010 5:20 PM
Delivered
ALBANY, GAApr 15, 2010 8:35 AMOn FedEx vehicle for deliveryALBANY, GAApr 15, 2010 8:31 AMAt local FedEx facilityALBANY, GAApr 15, 2010 5:12 AMAt dest sort facilityTALLAHASSEE, FLApr 15, 2010 3:08 AMDeparted FedEx locationMEMPHIS, TNApr 15, 2010 12:24 AMArrived at FedEx locationMEMPHIS, TNApr 14, 2010 3:32 PMDeparted FedEx locationANCHORAGE, AKApr 13, 2010 3:45 PMIn transitANCHORAGE, AKApr 13, 2010 1:08 PMInt'l shipment releaseANCHORAGE, AKApr 13, 2010 12:29 PMArrived at FedEx locationANCHORAGE, AKApr 13, 2010 8:47 PMIn transitSHANGHAI CNApr 13, 2010 6:58 PMIn transitSHANGHAI CNApr 12, 2010 10:00 PMAt local FedEx facilitySHANGHAI CNApr 10, 2010 11:38 AMLeft FedEx origin facilitySHANGHAI CNApr 10, 2010 11:09 AMPicked upSHANGHAI CNApr 9, 2010 4:20 PMShipment information sent to FedEx

Last edited:

PixMan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone in this forum knows an Apple store employee? Maybe they know more...

They do not have the balls to buck Steve by saying what they really know.

Now maybe if we could find the guy that brought the 4G iPhone to a bar and lost it.......

DuggerOregon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
davaulttravel.blogspot.com
Does anyone in this forum knows an Apple store employee? Maybe they know more...

They do not have the balls to buck Steve by saying what they really know.

Now maybe if we could find the guy that brought the 4G iPhone to a bar and lost it.......

I think you can find that person at the unemployment office in Santa Clara, or over at the Google HR dept.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts