What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 3G Support Group Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

edge7

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anyone every consider that shipping 300K units so that they deliver at the same time is a royal pain in the a$$ -- and since Apple has already had their unveiling and official release - they're going to push these things out the door as fast as possible over the next several weeks - and plan to have them all shipped by the end of the month?

I'm pretty sure these babies have been collecting dust in a warehouse in China at least for one week. They should've started shipping them a few days ago. This is all a buzz generator, hype forming tactic to get that stock even higher.

WHERE'S MY EMAIL!!!!!!!??????? :(
I'd have to agree that Apple loves the free publicity and general hysteria of the release day. The 3G release will be as big if not bigger than the wiFi. My guess is that tomorrow the announcement will be made that the 3Gs will be in stores and delivered this Saturday the 24th. This whole scenario seems to be the same as the build up to April 3rd in many ways. Just say I'm hopeful.........:D

dks

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I rec'd my email stating a late april shipping date... so I will try not to expect an actual shipping notice before 4/30... & anything before that will be a bonus.

I did notice how the email thanked me for my recent order... I ordered on the first day, 6 weeks ago.

I checked my bank acct... no new activity from apple.

so I will continue to wait.... & wait some more :eek:

Phantom

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.branwenconcepts.com
People This is Getting Ridiculous

People Your new iPad will get delivered to you when Apple releases them. All your moaning and bitching will not hurry up this great event. My advice patience is a virtue.

Anyhow I received an email from apple this morning. I have enclosed a copy of it to put all this other conjecture to rest. I have sanitized and removed the usual information.

Subject: RE: Your Apple Order #
Date: 19 April 2010 06:38:44 EDT
To:

Sold-to address: Date: 04/19/2010
Our order number:
PO number:
Web order number:
Apple customer no:

Ship-to address:

To Our Valued Apple Customer:

Thank you for your recent order of the magical and revolutionary
iPad 3G.

We would like to confirm that your order will be shipped in late
April as communicated at the time you placed your order. You will
receive a confirmation notice when your order has shipped.

You can get up-to-date information about your order, including
shipping status and tracking number, at [url=http://www.apple.com

Thank you for choosing Apple.

Sincerely,
The Apple Store Team

I trust this will finally put all this previous waffling to rest.

Phantom

OP
G

Greg G

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anyone every consider that shipping 300K units so that they deliver at the same time is a royal pain in the a$$ -- and since Apple has already had their unveiling and official release - they're going to push these things out the door as fast as possible over the next several weeks - and plan to have them all shipped by the end of the month?

Exactly. First come first serve and scalettohara1 seems to have been among the very first. I am not far behind. The next few days may reveal many other early 3G orders getting ship dates.

I think this makes sense and certainly would explain why they never publicized a release date. I ordered on the afternoon of the 14th so would hope that I am still in for getting mine before the end of April but am not holding my breath for the 24th. No email received yet.

EDIT - I just got my email at 12:20 EST stating that I am good for the end of April. Assume that means that it will roll off the line and toward me as soon as they can and will expect it to ship prior to the 30th. I'll take it!

-Greg

Last edited:

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Logic will tell you that the 3g will be here on the 30th. No sooner. Why? Apple is coughing up a bundle to change the shipping to priority. They wouldn't do that unless that's the only way they can get it to us by the end of April, as promised.

While I am hoping that I get mine on the 24th, the fact is they state shipping is late April. That could mean a May 1 delivery and still meet the promise. Now about Apple spending a bundle to ship priority, that is not a reasonable assumption. The iPad wifi shipped priority. Not to get them to customers any sooner, but to guarantee they would all arrive on the same day. They could not do that with standard shipping. For example, if I order anything Apple and go free standard rate, it will be on the road for three-four days. As many of these are going out, it is cost effective to bulk ship to the distribution centers, but they cannot just leave them lying around at UPS/FEDEX depots. So strike a deal for expedited delivery because they do not have to hand sort until the last stop.

DavidNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I'm pretty sure these babies have been collecting dust in a warehouse in China at least for one week. They should've started shipping them a few days ago. This is all a buzz generator, hype forming tactic to get that stock even higher.

WHERE'S MY EMAIL!!!!!!!??????? :(
I'd have to agree that Apple loves the free publicity and general hysteria of the release day. The 3G release will be as big if not bigger than the wiFi. My guess is that tomorrow the announcement will be made that the 3Gs will be in stores and delivered this Saturday the 24th. This whole scenario seems to be the same as the build up to April 3rd in many ways. Just say I'm hopeful.........:D

I don't think Apple would dare put them in the stores prior to everyone who has a pre-order is charged and in the shipping pipeline.

mediapad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just received at 12:39 p.m. EST 4/19/10 same email as others about "late April" shipping. I ordered mine on April 7 around 10:00 a.m. EST.

At least someone out there is doing something....Let's keep our fingers crossed that it is this week.

i want.
ipad.
i wait....

jamstefan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
YAY! Just got the holy email....

iPad 3G.

shipping status and tracking number, at Apple Order Status

Sincerely,
The Apple Store Team

Now... What?

Edlex

iPF Noob
Reaction score

iPad 3G.

shipping status and tracking number, at Apple Order Status

Sincerely,
The Apple Store Team

Now... What?

Now we wait some more...

edge7

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Magic must be in the air. Just got my email, Order Date: Mar 25, 2010 at 04:38 PM PDT I've been monitoring a couple other forums (sad, I know... real sad) and several others are pasting Bank and CC charges today. Mac Forums - Mac News and Rumor Discussion is one. I have to say this forum seems to be the most active and heavily populated of any I've looked at. Now I've got to get some work done.......

figmo10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, I haven't received the prized and much-anticipated email yet but when this iPad thingy shows it, it better damn well BE magical! I can't wait to use that 'Alchemy: Lead to Gold' app!

OP
G

Greg G

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Now... What?

Now we wait some more...

Yup. We wait but with the knowledge that Apple has confirmed that 3Gs ordered to date will in fact ship this month. I've been worried about that so this is good news to me. It also looks like they will not have a "big bang" release where everyone gets their 3G the same day (like with the WiFi) but it will most likely go out in batches. This explains why they never gave us a more firm date - there isn't one. Now we can stress about what batch we will fit in! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts