What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 3G Support Group Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

blake

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hm, I was holding out on the pre-order because I wanted to pick up in store (regreting it now). You think it would be better to order it now or wait till it's avialable in store? I want it asap obviously.

ladydi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ordered on 3-12 at 6:50 am and I am still showing "late April" for shipping and no movement on my credit card. So not everyone who ordered early is seeing any changes at this time. :-(

PixMan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got an email from Apple this AM and got all excited only to have it just confirm that it will ship in late April. Like I did not already know that. I suspect that everyone will get an email like it today. How helpful.

Well, at least it won't be May...

The best we can do given that the second batch of 3G iPads will apparently ship on May 7 is to conjecture that the number of days between batches of the 3G will be roughly the same as the number of days between batches of WiFi (which was appx 10 days). By that measure, the first batch of 3G should ship on April 27th, a week from tomorrow. That certainly does match late April as well.

What puzzles me is that they can give a ship date for the second batch but not the first. This would imply some external force that they do not control (FCC or ATT?)

Here is my guess: ATT needs to configure their systems so that one can sign up online for the 3G. They probably have not completed that and do not know exactly when but do known it will be done by the end of April (and thereby also May 7). This would explain the lack of exact ship date for batch one.

Last edited:

dwagner88

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got the same email this morning for my 3G preorder. Strangely, the 32GB wifi model that I ordered last Monday still hasn't shipped. I'm starting to get impatient. I should have just gone to best buy and bought it there.

Rasputina

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK, one last time so everybody is on the same page. Officially from Apple there are 2 shipping windows "Late April" and March 7th. There is NO other official word other than emails currently being sent out to pre-orders made prior ro today. Everything else we see, hear or read is speculation, period. Let's keep it real people, this is stressfull enough.

I think you mean May 7th.

sickpup

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ordered on 3-12 at 6:50 am and I am still showing "late April" for shipping and no movement on my credit card. So not everyone who ordered early is seeing any changes at this time. :-(

ladydi, I also ordered early 3-12, and have not received any notice of shipment. I do not believe that anyone has received any notification of shipment, yet. Last product I received from Apple arrived before the charge hit my CC. Don't listen to the sh*t stirrers. The only e-mail anyone has received is the one assuring ppl that ordered before today, when they changed the shipping date to May 7th, that their shipment is still late April.

edge7

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok now I am serious. I just received my confirmation email from Apple this morning. It confirms my order, address info, pymt etc and provides a link for shipping info. Mine is traveling via Fed Ex and is "scheduled" to arrive Sat April 24th. I pre-ordered mine the first day (March 12) at 5:39am.....I just checked the CC used for pymt and there is an amount a little higher than my invoice price that is pending....strange thing is the description does not show Apple Store as I expected. I will keep checking periodically and will keep everyone posted if anything changes.
Sickpup, looks like scarlettohara1 has got a shipment notice.
scarlettohara1, Can you post the notice, with your personal info deleted? It will gives all some hope.......

sickpup

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok now I am serious. I just received my confirmation email from Apple this morning. It confirms my order, address info, pymt etc and provides a link for shipping info. Mine is traveling via Fed Ex and is "scheduled" to arrive Sat April 24th. I pre-ordered mine the first day (March 12) at 5:39am.....I just checked the CC used for pymt and there is an amount a little higher than my invoice price that is pending....strange thing is the description does not show Apple Store as I expected. I will keep checking periodically and will keep everyone posted if anything changes.
Sickpup, looks like scarlettohara1 has got a shipment notice.
scarlettohara1, Can you post the notice, with your personal info deleted? It will gives all some hope.......

As stated, I do not believe anyone has received a shipping notice. When we start getting notices this and all the internet will be burning with the news. And to scalettohara1, "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn.":D

PixMan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As stated, I do not believe anyone has received a shipping notice. When we start getting notices this and all the internet will be burning with the news. And to scalettohara1, "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn."

Not so sure. Yesterday, I thought that the small charges that folks were seeing were bogus (see my post this thread). Just now I checked my CC site and there was a $13 charge from Apple dated 4/18. Looks like a "card is alive" test charge to me...

Question for scarlettohara1: Did you see a test charge and how long was that before your ship notice?

DavidNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just got off the phone w/ Apple - had to check the status of my orders (I have two and only got the conf e-mail on one although both show end of April). It was kind of interesting in that the person I talked with started (at least I heard) saying that my iPads were being 'prepp' and then they caught themselves and said will ship by end of April as they had to firm date. This person did this a couple of times.

I asked about the priority thing - they said that standard was 5 to 6 days ground and priority was 2 to 3 days air - and that all iPads were being changed to ship via priority at no additional charge to customers.

sickpup

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As stated, I do not believe anyone has received a shipping notice. When we start getting notices this and all the internet will be burning with the news. And to scalettohara1, "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn."

Not so sure. Yesterday, I thought that the small charges that folks were seeing were bogus (see my post this thread). Just now I checked my CC site and there was a $13 charge from Apple dated 4/18. Looks like a "card is alive" test charge to me...

Question for scarlettohara1: Did you see a test charge and how long was that before your ship notice?

As stated, no one has gotten a shipping notice. And, yes, everyone gets test check to make sure your CC is valid. You get that shortly after you place an order with Apple. I got one on each of my orders. The one on 3-12 and the one yesterday, 4-17. Everyone is grasping at straws and listening to the rumor mongers.:mad:

jamstefan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just got off the phone w/ Apple - had to check the status of my orders (I have two and only got the conf e-mail on one although both show end of April). It was kind of interesting in that the person I talked with started (at least I heard) saying that my iPads were being 'prepp' and then they caught themselves and said will ship by end of April as they had to firm date. This person did this a couple of times.

I asked about the priority thing - they said that standard was 5 to 6 days ground and priority was 2 to 3 days air - and that all iPads were being changed to ship via priority at no additional charge to customers.

Write it down: You WILL get your iPads next Saturday -or earlier.

I haven't received the email, though... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts