What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 3G Support Group Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamstefan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dear Steve,

Ok, this is enough.

I ordered my iPad on 03/30, and you've been playing with my emotions ever since.

I've made the trip to my local Best Buy and my local Apple place of worship, just to play with the new amazing, revolutionary device that you promised will change computing.

I've posted messages in forums, bloated the servers of every Apple related website just trying to make sense of a cruel and unnecessary waiting period.

And now, as if it wasn't enough, you just throw a May 7th date in my face?

Why, oh why, Lord Jobs, have you done this to me? To us?

Please, if you have any compassion left in you, please, ship the freaking iPads 3G that were ordered last month. Punish those who answered with indifference and placed their order late, not those who ran to your call early.

Our Steve, who art in 1 Infinite Loop
iPadded be thy name
thy device come,
my order already done,
online, as it was not enough
Give us this day our email update
and forgive our trespasses
as we forgive those who already have their WiFis
and lead us away from Best Buy
so we don't break and buy it before we get the 3G

Amen.

jamstefan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
:confused:Does anyone have a good guess when the 3g Ipad will be released? I preordered mine a wile ago. I just want them to release it all read.

OK

Here are the facts.

If you ordered on March 12 early AM you will get your iPad 3G delivered April 24 which is a Sat.

If your order went in later that Friday, Saturday March 13, or possibly Sunday March 14 the odds decrease that you will be able to have it by April 24. You are more likely to receive it during the week of April 26 through Sat May 1, 2010.

Those who ordered it later than that will have to wait two weeks for the delivery week of May 3 through 8, 2010.

Those who order today will see the product shipped by May 7 but may receive them during the week of May 12 through 17.

Do you see the time lag between your order and the actual ship data and then the delay from date shipped before it arrives at your location?

I imagine there will be a big push to manufacture and ship these to arrive on or before May 21 in the USA to arrive in time for the Memorial day holiday sales.

Bottom line Thu May 21 is the farthest out probable date for your iPad 3G to arrive which is still a month away if you live in the USA.

The vast majority of those following this thread for a long time will see an iPad 3G between April 26 and May 1.

4phun, where did you get this info?

Reestemple

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Shipping coming close???

I just received a notice from Apple showing my order details and saying:

"To Our Valued Apple Customer:

Thank you for your recent order of the magical and revolutionary
iPad 3G.

We would like to confirm that your order will be shipped in late April as communicated at the time you placed your order. You will receive a confirmation notice when your order has shipped.

You can get up-to-date information about your order, including shipping status and tracking number"

Are we all actually getting close to having one of our most valued possessions?? Will all this crazyness stop soon???

UHHHH--I can't wait, not sure if this help me now or is actually making it worse--make it stop!!!!! :p

Edlex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
:confused:Does anyone have a good guess when the 3g Ipad will be released? I preordered mine a wile ago. I just want them to release it all read.

OK

Here are the facts.

If you ordered on March 12 early AM you will get your iPad 3G delivered April 24 which is a Sat.

If your order went in later that Friday, Saturday March 13, or possibly Sunday March 14 the odds decrease that you will be able to have it by April 24. You are more likely to receive it during the week of April 26 through Sat May 1, 2010.

Those who ordered it later than that will have to wait two weeks for the delivery week of May 3 through 8, 2010.

Those who order today will see the product shipped by May 7 but may receive them during the week of May 12 through 17.

Do you see the time lag between your order and the actual ship data and then the delay from date shipped before it arrives at your location?

I imagine there will be a big push to manufacture and ship these to arrive on or before May 21 in the USA to arrive in time for the Memorial day holiday sales.

Bottom line Thu May 21 is the farthest out probable date for your iPad 3G to arrive which is still a month away if you live in the USA.

The vast majority of those following this thread for a long time will see an iPad 3G between April 26 and May 1.

Let's be clear 4phun, everything you have stated regarding the various ship dates is not based in facts, they are your opinion. The fact is that the apple store now says 5/7 ship date and most of us that ordered prior to today still have "Late April" as a ship date. Other than that I have seen some emails confirming the late April target. All other claims of shipping or pending shipment have been made with no proof along with no official word from apple at this time.

sickpup

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ordered another 3G yesterday for my wife since she does not want the wi-fi that I will now have to return to BB. I got the confirmation e-mail yesterday and then this morning I got this e-mail from the magical store:

To Our Valued Apple Customer:

Thank you for your recent order of the magical and revolutionary
iPad 3G.

We would like to confirm that your order will be shipped in late
April as communicated at the time you placed your order. You will
receive a confirmation notice when your order has shipped.

You can get up-to-date information about your order, including
shipping status and tracking number, at http://www.apple.com/orderstatus

Thank you for choosing Apple.

Sincerely,
The Apple Store Team

When I ordered my 3G on March 12, I only got confirmation e-mail. I wonder whats up with that?:confused:

JMK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok now I am serious. I just received my confirmation email from Apple this morning. It confirms my order, address info, pymt etc and provides a link for shipping info. Mine is traveling via Fed Ex and is "scheduled" to arrive Sat April 24th. I pre-ordered mine the first day (March 12) at 5:39am.....I just checked the CC used for pymt and there is an amount a little higher than my invoice price that is pending....strange thing is the description does not show Apple Store as I expected. I will keep checking periodically and will keep everyone posted if anything changes.

I do believe this is a first "genuine" shipping notice on this forum! Not speculation or rumor. ;)

Congratulations, Scarlett. Soon, you shall never be hungry for the iPad again! :p

I also got my "ship by the end of April like we said in the first place so STFU and be patient" <sic> email from the Apple Store!

--

To Our Valued Apple Customer:
Thank you for your recent order of the magical and revolutionary iPad 3G. We would like to confirm that your order will be shipped in late April as communicated at the time you placed your order. You will receive a confirmation notice when your order has shipped.

--

:D

sickpup

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow! I ordered my wifes 3G just in the nick of time. Shipping date on Apple online store now shows May 7 shipping date.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is no telling what the current situation is, except that we are still on track for late April. And to be honest, that is not even carved in stone. The latest report is that the ash cloud is headed to North America, so worse case scenario could have areas of the NE blocked out of an early delivery. It just means that the airports affected will be bypassed and the iPads shipped ground from the nearest processing hub.

4phun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
More

Apple's manufacturers released these to shipping at noon Beijing time which was midnight on the east coast of the USA. It took three hours or so for the email notifications to be sent out. It is now 9 PM in Beijing so if you haven't been notified by noon you probably are SOL for April 24, 2010. They haven't made enough to get to you yet.

I suspect they are sill having supply problems leading to the delay.

Last edited:

fawstah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow! I ordered my wifes 3G just in the nick of time. Shipping date on Apple online store now shows May 7 shipping date.

You might want to cross-ref the order number on your two orders with the order number in the "be patient" email you got this morning-- it might be referencing your earlier purchase, not the one you made yesterday.

sickpup

iPF Noob
Reaction score

You might want to cross-ref the order number on your two orders with the order number in the "be patient" email you got this morning-- it might be referencing your earlier purchase, not the one you made yesterday.

I did and it referenced the new order number. I have been checking and rechecking everything, looking for a clue to the possible shipping date.:eek:

fawstah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A day or two before my accessories were shipped, they were moved from "Not Yet Shipped" to "Preparing to Ship" in my order status-- has anyone had any movement on that front?

Edlex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK, one last time so everybody is on the same page. Officially from Apple there are 2 shipping windows "Late April" and May 7th. There is NO other official word other than emails currently being sent out to pre-orders made prior ro today. Everything else we see, hear or read is speculation, period. Let's keep it real people, this is stressfull enough.

Last edited:

sickpup

iPF Noob
Reaction score
More

Apple's manufacturers released these to shipping at noon Beijing time which was midnight on the east coast of the USA. It took three hours or so for the email notifications to be sent out. It is now 9 PM in Beijing so if you haven't been notified by noon you probably are SOL for April 24, 2010. They haven't made enough to get to you yet.

I suspect they are sill having supply problems leading to the delay.

What is the preoccupation with China shipping? They are manufactured in China but shipped to the US in large containers and reshipped to distribution warehouses across the US and then packaged for individual shipments and labeled to you via Fedex or UPS. If Saturday delivery it will come via Fedex, because they have normal Saturday delivery. Last shipment I received from Apple came from their distribution warehouse in Memphis via Fedex on a Saturday. It would be impossible to ship from one point and get a mass delivery on the same day as they did April 3rd and will also do for whatever date they have planned for the 3G.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts