What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 3G Support Group Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
WAIT WAIT - This just received by E-Mail:

Date: 04/19/2010
Our order number: 7133117494
PO number: 5052875452
Web order number: W69270020
Apple customer no:

To Our Valued Apple Customer:

Thank you for your recent order of the magical and revolutionary
iPad 3G.

We would like to confirm that your order will be shipped in late
April as communicated at the time you placed your order. You will
receive a confirmation notice when your order has shipped.

You can get up-to-date information about your order, including
shipping status and tracking number, at http://www.apple.com/orderstatus

Thank you for choosing Apple.

Sincerely,
The Apple Store Team

Last edited:

Edlex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Probably means it's for new orders going forward. My order still says "Late April". I guess we will know for sure when someone preorders today.

iceman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey Folks, the May 7th might not be OUR date, it's the date for people who order NOW!

Remember, they did the same thing for the wi-fi only model! As it got closer to launch date, they changed from April 3rd to April 12th? SOOO This IS GOOD NEWS!!!!!!

OTH, I agree with physisist777. Apple should have given us an actual ship date by now. Apple is a large corporation that is acting like Mom & Pop store.

4phun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wi-Fi + 3G 3Gordered today will ship by By May 7th

Wi-Fi + 3G 3G ordered today will ship by

May 7, 2010

iPad - Apple Store (U.S.)

Wi-Fi + 3G 3G data plan sold separately. Learn more

16GB1

• Ships: By May 7th
  • Free Shipping
  • $629.00
  • Pre-Order iPad with Wi-Fi + 3G 16GB

32GB1

• Free Shipping
  • $729.00
  • Pre-Order iPad with Wi-Fi + 3G 32GB

64GB1

• Free Shipping
  • $829.00
  • Pre-Order iPad with Wi-Fi + 3G 64GB

product-wifi.jpg

Wi-Fi | Wi-Fi + 3G
iPad order limit: two per customer.

Last edited:

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
One week less or one more it’s not a big cake ( ok i know i have wifi for wait ) but i believe they don’t do that with pleasure … they surely have no other choice delay one week …. anyway now we know the date

scarlettohara1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok now I am serious. I just received my confirmation email from Apple this morning. It confirms my order, address info, pymt etc and provides a link for shipping info. Mine is traveling via Fed Ex and is "scheduled" to arrive Sat April 24th. I pre-ordered mine the first day (March 12) at 5:39am.....I just checked the CC used for pymt and there is an amount a little higher than my invoice price that is pending....strange thing is the description does not show Apple Store as I expected. I will keep checking periodically and will keep everyone posted if anything changes.

Gmunford

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Yeah I got it too: "We would like to confirm that your order will be shipped in late April as communicated at the time you placed your order."

Not as good as a ship date...or an ipad. But it does confirm: 12 days MAX!

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So in my eyes that means 7 May is if you order now … and let april for the first pre-order and release in Apple Store and Best Buy ….

figmo10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok now I am serious. I just received my confirmation email from Apple this morning. It confirms my order, address info, pymt etc and provides a link for shipping info. Mine is traveling via Fed Ex and is "scheduled" to arrive Sat April 24th. I pre-ordered mine the first day (March 12) at 5:39am.....I just checked the CC used for pymt and there is an amount a little higher than my invoice price that is pending....strange thing is the description does not show Apple Store as I expected. I will keep checking periodically and will keep everyone posted if anything changes.

Good for you! My 3g order was placed April 4th....I haven't received an email confirmation and there's no change to my order status page or credit card activity. I'll report back when I get a similar message.

iPadman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Whats a good guess on release date?

:confused:Does anyone have a good guess when the 3g Ipad will be released? I preordered mine a wile ago. I just want them to release it all read.

figmo10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
:confused:Does anyone have a good guess when the 3g Ipad will be released? I preordered mine a wile ago. I just want them to release it all read.

Looks like at least one of our forum will have it by 4/24. Read above!

latinnftl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
:mad: No change yet in my order status and I ordered my 3G on March 12 at 12:42 PM. I think the system processes in batches and it took almost a full day for me to see the change in shipping to priority so maybe by this afternoon!

4phun

iPF Noob
Reaction score

OK

Here are the facts.

If you ordered on March 12 early AM you will get your iPad 3G delivered April 24 which is a Sat.

If your order went in later that Friday March 12, Saturday March 13, or possibly Sunday March 14 the odds decrease that you will be able to have it by April 24. You are more likely to receive it during the week of April 26 through Sat May 1, 2010.

Those who ordered it later than that will have to wait up to two weeks for the delivery week of May 3 through 8, 2010.

Those who order today will see the product shipped by May 7 but may actually receive them during the week of May 12 through 17.

Do you see the time lag between your order and the actual ship data and then the delay from date shipped before it arrives at your location?

I imagine there will be a big push to manufacture and ship these to arrive on or before May 21 in the USA to arrive in time for the Memorial day holiday sales.

Bottom line Thu May 21 is the farthest out probable date for your iPad 3G to arrive which is still a month away if you live in the USA.

The vast majority of those following this thread for a long time will likely see an iPad 3G between Monday April 26 and Saturday May 1.

Newer people and retail stores are looking a time frame of May 3 to May 21, 2010 in the USA.

Apple's Priority probably is a code to indicate to ship to this customer ASAP before filling retail store stock requests as these come of the line. It does not appear that it means Apple is going to overnight it without getting paid extra. If you change your order to overnight you might screw up its position in the waiting Que.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts