What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 3G Support Group Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

figmo10

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Help me here - this is a charge of $12.72 for an item that is being shipped. How does this relate to a 3G iPad?

He asked for special treatment like Amazon Prime's deal and paid $12 for it. You get free second day with Amazon Prime but for $4.00 extra they will ship next day. With that option I always get items in less than 23 hours from the instant I order.

I once ordered a heavy UPS after one of mine failed around 3 PM at my residential office. I followed the expedited order and it was flown from Texas to near Chicago then to Hartsfield in Atlanta, trucked pass my house late the next morning to Roswell GA and then a note that it was out for delivery by 10 AM. I had it at noon. They spent more money in jet fuel getting that UPS into the air twice than UPS made from my $4 surcharge. Such is the marvel of our modern day express shipping system which has advanced beyond the Wells Fargo Express shipments of a century ago.

I boggles my mind that an item can now leave China and be at your office or home in much less than a week or next day for $12!

There's no apple iPad 3g listed in the Amazon store that I can find. WiFi, yes.

4phun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Pad 3G Release / Ship Date – April 20th (Verified Charges)
ipad-3g-shipping-credit-card-charge.jpg

Credit cards being charged for shipping
There are reports starting to come in from people who have pre-ordered the iPad 3G that their credit cards are now being charged for shipping, and the shipping date on the credit card charges are reading 4/20.
You can see the comments from the people who are starting to see Apple shipping charges hit their credit cards, and you can also see where they are saying that their credit card charge is showing a ship date of 4/20.
Pre-Ordered iPad 3G / Release and Shipping Date
Apparently, if you pre-ordered your iPad 3G through the Apple website and used your credit card for the purchase, then you were notified that your card would not be charged until the iPad 3G’s were released and ready to be shipped to you.
So now people are starting to report their credit cards are being charged for the shipping.
Can anyone else verify this, or have any additional details?

Related Posts :

rschwamm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When will the 3G be released?

has anyone heard of the exact "late April" release or shipping date?

DavidNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here goes....the temptation continues....
I actually forgot that I told a friend that I would go with her to the Apple Store or BB to purchase a Macbook this weekend. She leaves to go out of town Monday (so I need to go). I'm hoping and thinking that I can leave the store without the iPad in hand and perhaps they will not have any available. I can do this. LOL
Wish me well as I chant...3G only...3G only...3G...only.

I have seen little of the Best Buy leaks on the Internet since last Sunday but this Sunday they release a special shipment for sale when they open. The iPad is featured in this Sundays BB ad for the week.

I talked w/ a BB person yesterday, they are sold out but told me to check back after 5pm on Monday, April 19th.

DavidNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gang - there is a strong possibility that all of this may just be a hoax. I cannot find a page on the internet that lends credibility to any of what is being said here (although I profoundly wish and hope it is true).

We are all, obviously, very aware of what goes gone around us re iPad and related topics. And - while I do understand the enthusiasm involved with such an event I do not understand the readiness to log posts about such things happening before they are validated as truth or fiction. Yes - I can understand rumors - but rumors need to be posted as that - rumors.

If this article is true - great - and great scoop of news. If not - I will expect a public apology - an apology for unnecessarily working up the thousands that view this site an a daily basis.

figmo10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Pad 3G Release / Ship Date – April 20th (Verified Charges)
ipad-3g-shipping-credit-card-charge.jpg

Credit cards being charged for shipping
There are reports starting to come in from people who have pre-ordered the iPad 3G that their credit cards are now being charged for shipping, and the shipping date on the credit card charges are reading 4/20.
You can see the comments from the people who are starting to see Apple shipping charges hit their credit cards, and you can also see where they are saying that their credit card charge is showing a ship date of 4/20.
Pre-Ordered iPad 3G / Release and Shipping Date
Apparently, if you pre-ordered your iPad 3G through the Apple website and used your credit card for the purchase, then you were notified that your card would not be charged until the iPad 3G’s were released and ready to be shipped to you.
So now people are starting to report their credit cards are being charged for the shipping.
Can anyone else verify this, or have any additional details?

Apparently, this is BS. Maybe not intentional BS, but BS just the same.

4phun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here goes....the temptation continues....
I actually forgot that I told a friend that I would go with her to the Apple Store or BB to purchase a Macbook this weekend. She leaves to go out of town Monday (so I need to go). I'm hoping and thinking that I can leave the store without the iPad in hand and perhaps they will not have any available. I can do this. LOL
Wish me well as I chant...3G only...3G only...3G...only.

I have seen little of the Best Buy leaks on the Internet since last Sunday but this Sunday they release a special shipment for sale when they open. The iPad is featured in this Sundays BB ad for the week.

I talked w/ a BB person yesterday, they are sold out but told me to check back after 5pm on Monday, April 19th.

The iPad was supposed to be in Sunday's Best Buy ad. I just checked for the Atlanta Metro area and it is not there. What happended that they pulled the iPad ad?

jamstefan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Guys,

We are all in the verge of a nervous breakdown with his waiting...

The facts are still there:

1.- Tomorrow we will be in the last third of April.
2.- Apple has a 2Q conference call on 04/20.
3.- There ARE people experiencing charges in their CC.

If you ask me, this coming week we should receive our toys and we can stop drooling by watching other people with their WiFi iPads, or entertaining the idea of breaking our resolve and going with a non-3G iPad.

Hang in there... We're less than a week away. I know.

And.... If they don't ship the freaking iPad this week, they might as well ship it in May, because I'm leaving on the 26th and won't be back until early May.

DavidNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Guys,

If you ask me, this coming week we should receive our toys and we can stop drooling by watching other people with their WiFi iPads, or entertaining the idea of breaking our resolve and going with a non-3G iPad.

And.... If they don't ship the freaking iPad this week, they might as well ship it in May, because I'm leaving on the 26th and won't be back until early May.

Have we had a SINGLE member of this forum post that they've been billed the $600 - to - $800 or so for their 3G iPad?

jamstefan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Guys,

Have we had a SINGLE member of this forum post that they've been billed the $600 - to - $800 or so for their 3G iPad?

No. But I keep on reading the same 10-15 people on this forum, and hundreds of thousands of iPad 3g have been sold. I can't take the sample from this forum as statistically sound...

C'mon David... Help us out here; a little bit of positive thinking would go a looong way.

DavidNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Guys,

No. But I keep on reading the same 10-15 people on this forum, and hundreds of thousands of iPad 3g have been sold. I can't take the sample from this forum as statistically sound...

C'mon David... Help us out here; a little bit of positive thinking would go a looong way.

I personally believe that we'll see definitive movement by mid-week - and wouldn't be surprised to see shipping begin within the same time. But that is my speculation - and just that. I think that after the 2 week return period and the 1Q results and 2Q guidance - that would be a good time to release the units.

But - reporting things that aren't happening on this web site is irresponsible -- too many people are (and have been for a while) wound up about when they'll receive their iPads. The treatment given to their most loyal customers and early adopters - that treatment of not giving a date and no explanation as to why is cruel and unprofessional.

Feeding upon that is wrong.

mossman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Baseless speculation aside, I just want to express my appreciation for this site. I, much like the rest of you, are simply too wound up about this device for my own good. At least this site gives something of an outlet for that energy, which is generally harmless. I'm better spending time here then running around buying more stuff for this thing I don't own.

Sadly, I'm doing both -- spending money and time here -- but I'm sure that I would have spent more if not for these forums.

Thanks!

4phun

iPF Noob
Reaction score

C'mon David... Help us out here; a little bit of positive thinking would go a looong way.[/QUOTE]

Whoa that is sound thinking. The whole iPadForums doesn't have enough members yet to be a solid source of information. One way to collect info is to subscribe to RSS feeds with Google reader and use a search with in it.

One tactic I am using successfully is to scan for FREE iPad apps. If any look interesting I grab it. Often the FREE is for only 24 hours to stimulate sales so you really have to be on top of them to do this.

RSS is your friend if you try that. This group is far too small to get such fast breaking information.

Rasputina

iPF Noob
Reaction score
WOOT, I'm back on 3G watch. My husband said I should just give the wifi model I have to my daughter and preorder the 3G for myself. Now we just need a ship date.

PixMan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, I call Troll BS on the shipping charge posts. I ordered my 32 Gig 3G within minutes of Apple allowing orders and just checked my card site and there have been NO charges from Apple in the past few days.

Now it is possible that the post referenced charges were test charges by Apple which I did not have since my card would already have been "tested" when Apple sent me the case and dock (which I have gotten already). I still say Trolls, however.

My .02 is that we will see a ship date ANNOUNCED (not shipped) on Tuesday during the earnings call. This would also be past the initial WiFi version return date so would satisfy that requirement. My GUESS (just that) on ship date would be late this coming week or early the week after...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions