What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 3G Support Group Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gillette

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just received this e-mail from Apple.......

Thank you for your recent Apple order.

To ensure that all customers are given equal opportunity to acquire this
product we have limited the amount available per customer. Therefore,
this order has been cancelled.

If you have questions, you may reach us at 1-800-676-2775 between
8:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. PT Monday through Friday, 6:00 a.m. and
4:00 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Sincerely,
Apple Online Store Customer Support

Last edited:

DavidNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here I sit so broken hearted - waiting for my iPad to ship from China!

OK - no rhyming - but keeping an open eye on things. No order status changes, no charges or pre-charges to cards - just the same.

Good night all!

Mr. Late April

OP
G

Greg G

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have to admit that I am pretty skeptical of these threads. I will say that I would love it if it were true!

-Greg

AppleADay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok guys... This is it...

It is CONFIRMED; iPad 3Gs will start shipping on 04/20.

iPad 3G Release / Ship Date – April 20th (Verified Charges)

YES!!!!!!!!!

My iPad obsession is alive and well. We just returned from a birthday party and I ran to the computer to catch up on any missed updates....sick I know (LOL). I hope the release date is correct as I am (we are) anxiously waiting for our new toy to bring home to play with. In the words of Carly Simon, sing with me.....

"Anticipation, Anticipation
Is making me late
Is keeping me waiting."

Off to bed I go...unless I can not sleep. In this case, I will check in again for any updates.

tigerbait1953

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just tried to go to the Apple store and it now shows that it is closed and updating "we'll be back soon" yellow sticky pad. This may be the update to change all of the shipping status entries on preorders of the 3G iPads.

tigerbait1953

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple store back up at 4:20 am CDT However, I get an error when I try to check my order status. Something is up big time. I'll post something when I am able to check my order for 3G iPad.

We're Sorry

A technical difficulty has prevented us from processing your request. Please*click here*to return to the Apple Online Store.
For more assistance with your order, contact Apple Customer Support at 1-800-676-2775.
Sales and Refunds | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2010 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.

Above is what appears when I try to check my order status

Last edited:

Edlex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple store back up at 4:20 am CDT However, I get an error when I try to check my order status. Something is up big time. I'll post something when I am able to check my order for 3G iPad.

We're Sorry

A technical difficulty has prevented us from processing your request. Please*click here*to return to the Apple Online Store.
For more assistance with your order, contact Apple Customer Support at 1-800-676-2775.
Sales and Refunds | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2010 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.

Above is what appears when I try to check my order status

I just got the same message! This could be it guys!

4phun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anyone seen any new charges on their credit cards yet??
I just dropped by Apple to see if any changes were made overnight. I wonder if this means anything?

Thank you for shopping at the Apple Online Store

[FONT=Helvetica,Geneva,Arial]Apple's Online and phone Order Status services are temporarily unavailable due to a scheduled upgrade to our systems.[/FONT]

[FONT=Helvetica,Geneva,Arial]We apologize for any inconvenience.[/FONT]

Last edited:

4phun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here goes....the temptation continues....
I actually forgot that I told a friend that I would go with her to the Apple Store or BB to purchase a Macbook this weekend. She leaves to go out of town Monday (so I need to go). I'm hoping and thinking that I can leave the store without the iPad in hand and perhaps they will not have any available. I can do this. LOL
Wish me well as I chant...3G only...3G only...3G...only.

I have seen little of the Best Buy leaks on the Internet since last Sunday but this Sunday they release a special shipment for sale when they open. The iPad is featured in this Sundays BB ad for the week.

figmo10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Uhhhhh.....since when did charges posted to a credit card account show a seperate line for date shipped? There's a transaction date and a posting date, but Visa doesn't know when the item has shipped. That socialmedia site is baloney. And, as stated, there are no seperate shipping charges on the ipad and even if there were, they wouldn't be billed apart from the purchase price.

4phun

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Help me here - this is a charge of $12.72 for an item that is being shipped. How does this relate to a 3G iPad?

He asked for special treatment like Amazon Prime's deal and paid $12 for it. You get free second day with Amazon Prime but for $4.00 extra they will ship next day. With that option I always get items in less than 23 hours from the instant I order.

I once ordered a heavy UPS after one of mine failed around 3 PM at my residential office. I followed the expedited order and it was flown from Texas to near Chicago then to Hartsfield in Atlanta, trucked pass my house late the next morning to Roswell GA and then a note that it was out for delivery by 10 AM. I had it at noon. They spent more money in jet fuel getting that UPS into the air twice than the carrier made from my $4 surcharge. Such is the marvel of our modern day express shipping system which has advanced beyond the Wells Fargo Express shipments of a century ago.

I boggles my mind that an item can now leave China and be at your office or home in much less than a week or even next day for $12!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions