What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 3G Support Group Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edlex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks. I feel that I'm in great company. Will anyone purchase the Invisible Shield for their iPad? Is it worth paying $40 bucks for?

I'm going to try the boxwave screen protector. I'm not into those wet application protectors. When I get the 3G of course.

Last edited:

AppleADay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here goes....the temptation continues....
I actually forgot that I told a friend that I would go with her to the Apple Store or BB to purchase a Macbook this weekend. She leaves to go out of town Monday (so I need to go). I'm hoping and thinking that I can leave the store without the iPad in hand and perhaps they will not have any available. I can do this. LOL
Wish me well as I chant...3G only...3G only...3G...only.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I actually forgot that I told a friend that I would go with her to the Apple Store or BB to purchase a Macbook this weekend. She leaves to go out of town Monday (so I need to go). I'm hoping and thinking that I can leave the store without the iPad in hand and perhaps they will not have any available. I can do this. LOL

I say just do it, I mean what's the advantage of the 3G? Poor AT&T service when you are not within 50 feet of a starbux?

icrazy

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I say just do it, I mean what's the advantage of the 3G? Poor AT&T service when you are not within 50 feet of a starbux?

The 3G on my iphone is great and for the minimal price diffrence you will allways regardless of wifi or not, have access to all the things the enternet has to offer. :)

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score

The 3G on my iphone is great and for the minimal price diffrence you will allways regardless of wifi or not, have access to all the things the enternet has to offer. :)

AT&T in la is beyond awful. I don't know a single iPhone person that doesn't complain about it!

PixMan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
3G Next Week?

I am not sure if it was here or another forum but someone
suggested that Apple will wait until the 14 day free return period
has expired on the first day WiFi versions before announcing the ship date
for the 3G version. This to prevent folks that really wanted a 3G from
"borrowing" a WiFi version for several weeks at Apple's expense.

If that is the case, we can expect to hear a ship date on Monday or Tuesday.

Makes sense to me.

AppleADay

iPF Noob
Reaction score

It is very, very tempting, even if I returned it when the 3G is released. I have been spoiled by the the anytime access of the iphone. I want it for travel as well, plus AT&T is pretty good around my locations. We'll see what happens. Thanks though....talking it out here certainly helps. Perhaps the end is near and the 3G ship date will be Monday (wishful thinking, I know).

Rasputina

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Those cartoons are hilarious.

I am hoping a ship date will be known by Monday. Regardless I'm seriously considering exchanging my wifi model for the 3g ( I have till Tuesday). I'm really surprised at how many apps I'm using that require internet. Plus I'm used to always having access due to my iphone. AT&T service here is great so I have no complaints.

sdtopdog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Shipping Question

Just curious if anybody knows...I preordered and did not pay for shipping as it was free. My order reads it will be "priority", yet the Apple store says free shipping is standard shipping, many business days. Those of you that have preordered, did you request quicker shipping? I can't get an answer until Monday from the Apple Store. Thanks....

sickpup

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am not sure if it was here or another forum but someone
suggested that Apple will wait until the 14 day free return period
has expired on the first day WiFi versions before announcing the ship date
for the 3G version. This to prevent folks that really wanted a 3G from
"borrowing" a WiFi version for several weeks at Apple's expense.

If that is the case, we can expect to hear a ship date on Monday or Tuesday.

Makes sense to me.

Does not make sense to me. I just picked up a 32Gb wi-fi last night at Best Buy and have until the end of the month to return it with no restocking fee. I will be returning it when my 64Gb 3G arrives or before if it does not arrive by April 30th. Also now have to buy a 3G for my wife since she has gotten her hands on this one and loves it. Wi-fi just does not make sense and AT&T here is great.

mossman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here is my theory. -- and by the way, hello everyone, long-time viewer, first-time poster -- The release date will be on the 24th. Here is my rationale:

1. The original release date was on a Saturday, and this is the last Saturday in April.
2. For an unexplained reason, all our shipping methods were moved to priority, which costs Apple money (so why did they do this?)
3. Apple intends to announce the release date at an upcoming event to make it another high-publicity moment.
4. That moment will be on Tuesday when the 1st quarter results are discussed. The ipad launch is of course in the 2nd quarter, but updates on its success are very relevant to investors and a lot of people will be listening in on this event.
5. However if everyone's shipment remained standard, and the intent was to deliver the product to homes on the day of the 3G release, then we'd see the charges hit our credit cards by now.
6. Apple wants some bang to this announcement, and doesn't want to tip anyone that this will come out on Tuesday. After all, everyone will be listening to this call anyway, there's no reason to create additional buzz around this.
7. That explains why all our shipment dates were moved to priority, to keep the announcement a secret, but still allow us to receive our ipads on the launch day.
8. Which will be April 24th, consistent with the late April shipping date and consistent with the nature of the first launch.

How's that for a conspiracy theory!

:ipad-keyboard:

Edlex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just curious if anybody knows...I preordered and did not pay for shipping as it was free. My order reads it will be "priority", yet the Apple store says free shipping is standard shipping, many business days. Those of you that have preordered, did you request quicker shipping? I can't get an answer until Monday from the Apple Store. Thanks....

Welcome to the forums sdtopdog. As far as we cam tell the upgraded shipping is to assure delivery by the end of April. There will be no additional charge assessed for this.

iceman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
BTW: My vote for the most useless google search on 3g release date: Khabrein.info. Each post is tagged with "ipad 3g release date" and is updated daily and says.....nothing....except that there's no release date yet. Flipping tease!

Totally agree! It seems like there are several like that. Making money on our misery!

I was just at the mall where there is an Apple Store and a BB and was able to contain the urge not to run in and buy a wi-fi only! Well, actually, my wife wouldn't let me go into the store. :eek:

I'm staying with them shipping out on April 30th. Of course, I would NOT be disappointed if I got it early ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts