What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 3G Support Group Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Priority shipping could even mean that someone from Apple in China blesses the truck before leaving for the airport. It could just be a feel good thing. If it is the difference between normal and express (ie. 6 days v. 2 days) - it would be a simple leap to think that they're going to ship very late in the month and don't want to deliver in May.

askbaby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.usaconnectors.com
iPad 3g Release Date - end of May - Steve Jobs - 3 hours ago

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news...

... and I quote directly from the article: For one, it appears as if Steve Jobs—via his spring e-mailing spree—has confirmed that the 3G iPad launch will also be delayed until May. According to a developer who spoke to Cult of Mac, Jobs responded to an e-mail inquiring about the 3G iPad both in the US and Internationally, saying that both models will be released at the "end of May."

See for yourselves guys:

iPad roundup: 3G launch, Israel ban, A/V capture, more

It's actually much as I suspected from the lack of recent updates.

Mine will (eventually be) the 64GB 3G... eventually...

DavidNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news...

... and I quote directly from the article: For one, it appears as if Steve Jobs—via his spring e-mailing spree—has confirmed that the 3G iPad launch will also be delayed until May. According to a developer who spoke to Cult of Mac, Jobs responded to an e-mail inquiring about the 3G iPad both in the US and Internationally, saying that both models will be released at the "end of May."

See for yourselves guys:

iPad roundup: 3G launch, Israel ban, A/V capture, more

It's actually much as I suspected from the lack of recent updates.

Mine will (eventually be) the 64GB 3G... eventually...

I read this article several times and I'm not yet buying it. Not because I don't want to believe it - but it's very very very very thin.

It is true that Jobs stated that international shipments of all models of iPads would not take place until May (with orders being taking starting May 10th) he said, at that press / news conference that the US 3G release was still on target as planned.

What we have is one undisclosed developer claiming that Steve Jobs replied to an e-mail he sent by saying the same holds true for the US 3G shipments. No other collaboration -- no copy of the e-mail - it appears no other reporters even confirming the story. At least not yet.

I'm not saying it isn't true - but to me is seems paper thin speculation and perhaps a planted story to pop Jobs off the dime by making a stronger statement about the US 3G deployment.

Remember - the tech reporter that can scoop this one and report before Apple -- that's one heck of a scoop.

4phun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The problem is that Apple has always stated end of April and has not changed. Whereas, the buyers want to know precisely what hour and minute the delivery truck is going to get to them. It is a human foible that I fervently detest. But I do it anyway.

So...what are trying to say? That I have a problem? Hold on...let me refresh my order status screen...brb

Not yet shipped

Product / Part No.
Qty​
IPAD WI-FI + 3G 64GB-USA
MC497LL/A

1​

Ships: Late April

Order placed March 14, 2010

Last edited:

DavidNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not sure what the point of that was - but I thought I just saw something very interesting. It was a new AT&T commercial - lots of fluff, etc. But I think I was an iPad in this commercial. Anyone else catch this - or have I turned and need to head towards the rubber room for a few weeks of technology withdrawal?

4phun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
steve-irock-ipad.jpg

mediapad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, I just went back and logged in again to check order status and on the details page it still says standard. I have received a wireless keyboard, the vga adapter, and the keyboard dock was delivered today. The ipad and the camera connection kit still say late April.

mediapad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is hard to believe, but sooooo true. Since my last post my shipping HAS changed from standard to PRIORITY. Could this be the start of something good?????!!!!!:)

Last edited:

4phun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have two separate orders in for a 64GB 3G - One on March 13th, the other on April 3rd. Neither of them show any change from standard shipping. I'll check tomorrow.

I'm writing this about 2 1/2 hour after my first post. Now both orders are marked as Priority shipping - I still had an old web page up that said Standard until I refreshed the link. So something is up and a cooking.

Does anyone remember or know if this happened with the wifi only models that delivered April 3rd?

I just noticed my Apple iPad 3G order now says Priority Shipping too.

Edlex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have two separate orders in for a 64GB 3G - One on March 13th, the other on April 3rd. Neither of them show any change from standard shipping. I'll check tomorrow.

I'm writing this about 2 1/2 hour after my first post. Now both orders are marked as Priority shipping - I still had an old web page up that said Standard until I refreshed the link. So something is up and a cooking.

Does anyone remember or know if this happened with the wifi only models that delivered April 3rd?

I just noticed my Apple iPad 3G order now says Priority Shipping too.

It didn't see it yesterday evening but I just checked now and BOOM, I'm in the "Priority Shipping" club! That's is so cool, looks like we've got movement people!

Last edited:

iceman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wonder if the priority shipping depends on when you pre-ordered or where you live. I pre-ordered on March 29, and I live in New York.

Do the iPads get shipped from China to New York and then on from there, or do they ship to California and then on from there?

I would also suggest that people get on the chat line with Apple and start asking questions. According to the person that I spoke with last night, they will be shipping this month, but I couldn't get a definite answer as to when it would arrive. Maybe someone could ask "I am buying an iPad as a gift for someones birthday, if I order today, will it arrive before May 15th"? If they answer yes, then someone else can ask about May 14th and so on.

Does anyone know what Steve's email address is? Is it just [email protected]? Maybe should all start asking questions there?

If you find out ANYTHING no matter how trivial it sounds PLEASE post it here!!! Some of us are just hanging on and need all the encouragement that we can get! :D

figmo10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't think that the Apple chatline CSRs have any inside information on ship dates: they have scripted responses to those questions. However, an onslaught persistent questioning just might move Apple to release further information...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts