What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 3G Support Group Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have iTunes on my laptop and it is not charging the iPad even when my laptop is running on ac power. Everything syncs fine but no charge. Anyone have any info regarding this?

Only charges in AC mode dude

Oh jeez ... I had no idea. That detail got by me. Thanks!

Don't think so. Certain Macs will charge the iPad when plugged in via USB - most new MacBooksPro's, etc. If you have an older computer the computer will charge but only when the iPad is turned off. There's several threads out there about this

AppleADay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wheeeeew......I got the ipad today from BB....barely!!!! I went to the Apple Store around 10 a.m. and a line was forming then. I went back around 2:00 and the line was pretty long. I went to Best Buy around 2:30 and was told to return at 4:00 I stood in BB line from 4:00 to 5:01. They issued 5 tickets at 5:01 and guess what.......... I was number 5 out of about 25 at that time. Can you believe that Best Buy had only 5 64 GB 3G ipads period? They did not even have the wifi only version. The 4th guy in line informed us that he sold his 64 GB Wifi only ipad yesterday on craigslist for $1000 because most stores in our area (Metro Atlanta) were out. I only wanted the 32 GB version but purchased the 64 GB, as BB does not know when they will have more ipads in stock. I plan to check back with BB later this eve to see if the 32s are in. If not, I'll keep the 64. Needless to say, I am happy.....tired, but happy. Thanks for all the support and advice over the last few weeks. I look forward to playing with my new toy. Oh yeah, I forgot to report that I cancelled my apple order after it was announced that BB would receive the ipads on 4/30 as well. I knew I could not wait until the May 7th ship date. I also was able to pick up the apple case while at the apple store today as well. They sold out of the cases this morning. I suspect I may have questions as I become more familiar with the new toy, but for now, I just want some rest. Enjoy!!!

Last edited:

chiffchaff

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My delivery status just changed to "delivery exception - Deliver by Monday"

MY HEART SANK!

But as I was typing this the FedEx truck pulled in - whew! I think the status must automatically switch to "exception" when the 4:30 deadline passes. Anyway I'm off to unpack and sync...

ladydi

iPF Noob
Reaction score

vsstanton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got mine...today...first in line at bestbuy...only received 30 which was a mix of wifi and 3g and no 16's...about 50 people in line starting at 3:00...syncing mine now!!!!

Edlex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My delivery status just changed to "delivery exception - Deliver by Monday"

MY HEART SANK!

But as I was typing this the FedEx truck pulled in - whew! I think the status must automatically switch to "exception" when the 4:30 deadline passes. Anyway I'm off to unpack and sync...

Close one huh! Like you haven't had enough drama waiting for it?

PixMan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, got the bugger. A bit slow to deal with the first app load in iTunes but man does this thing make the iPod touch look like a model T!

Very Cool. GPS works great. Do not plan to use 3G until I take a trip in June so can't comment on that.

iceman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow, what a day! I finally have a chance to post something here. I had some trouble connecting my iPad to my computer. My computer kept thinking that it was a camera. I finally called Apple tech support which is amazing! They called back in about 2 minutes after calling them. Worked with a guy for about 1 hour and finally got it to sync. Then it was off to my kids track meet (of course I brought the iPad!). Only had edge speed, but it was still great!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions