What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 3 icon spacing changed after power off

Barton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey guys. I've tried to search for this and can't seem to find anything. iPad 3, Jailbreak with redSno 0.9.14b2. Everything is great until I power off the iPad. when it is powered back up, the icon spacing has changed dramatically. The dock at the bottom is missing. This is driving me nuts. I've had to factory restore twice now and redo the JB and reload everything just to get the screen back. Any suggestions?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Normally, when you encounter issues like this, it's because you've got a tweak installed that is incompatible with iOS 5 or the iPad (or both). Think back to when this behavior did not happen. Then, think of any tweaks you installed. The odds are pretty good it's one of those recently installed apps. The only thing to do is to remove them (uninstall via Cydia) and see if the problem is fixed. If it is, then you can try putting them back - one at a time - until you come across the one that is causing the problem.

If this doesn't help, please provide us with a list of your Cydia tweaks. We can take a look at it and, hopefully, see which one might be the problem-causing one.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Marilyn

OP
B

Barton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Marilyn,
I kinda thought the same thing, but an app instead of a tweak. When I purchased the iPad, on the first sync, itunes installed all the app that I presently have on my iPhone (and some I had deleted doh!). After the Jailbreak, I didn't install any tweaks perse. I changed the root password, installed iFile, and iProtect. No themes, etc. Could it be one of the iPhone 4 apps installed by iTunes you think?

4wheel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Barton said:
Marilyn,
I kinda thought the same thing, but an app instead of a tweak. When I purchased the iPad, on the first sync, itunes installed all the app that I presently have on my iPhone (and some I had deleted doh!). After the Jailbreak, I didn't install any tweaks perse. I changed the root password, installed iFile, and iProtect. No themes, etc. Could it be one of the iPhone 4 apps installed by iTunes you think?

I have the same problem too but thinking back, mine started when I updated three apps that were flagged through iTunes but I lost track of the particular apps, unfortunately. What I often do is to go to Winterboard (one of the Cydia apps I installed) and press on the "Respring" button. This step brings back the Springboard icons as they were, after this, I then rearrange them to their previous preferred arrangement. It doesnt solve the problem but it is a palliative until I sort it out when iOS6 shows up (hopefully).

Most reactions