What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 3 getting "app incompatible with this iPad / requires a front facing camera"

SadGamerGeek

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a (recently jailbroken) iPad 3 on 6.1 and when I tried to buy "Little Inferno" in the app store today it wouldn't let me, I just got a popup:

This App is Incompatible With This iPad
This app requires a front facing camera.

I found another app which needed a front camera, and got the same issue when I tried it.

I have a a friend with a jailbroken iPad 3 and he is able to buy the app with no problems.

I've just tried selecting the front camera in the camera app and it doesn't seem to work any more (haven't tried it for ages but it used to). I wonder if something went a bit awry with my jailbreak. Anyone else experienced anything like this?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Huh. That's a new one on me - and I couldn't say whether its the jail break. My camera on my iPad 3 works fine (as does your friend's). So, have you tried to restart or reset the iPad? Do you have any tweaks installed that affect the camera or photo management on the iPad?

I'm just throwing stuff out there cause I've no idea. :) Sorry.

Hopefully, someone else will come along and give a solution. Especially as I've moved this post over to the Hacking section, where the jail breakers of this forum will be more apt to see it.

Marilyn

TheRambler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
theramblersramblings.blogspot.co.uk
Sorry didn't fully read your post, Doh

I found this, it's helped a few camera problem sufferers

Have you tries the basic troubleshooting steps first?

Quit the app and restart the iPad, then try a reset if that doesn't work.

Go to the home screen first by tapping the home button. Quit/close open apps by double tapping the home button and the task bar will appear with all of you recent/open apps displayed at the bottom. Tap and hold down on any app icon until it begins to wiggle. Tap the minus sign in the upper left corner to close the apps. Restart the iPad. Restart the iPad by holding down on the sleep button until the red slider appears and then slide to shut off. To power up hold the sleep button until the Apple logo appears and let go of the button.

Reset the iPad by holding down on the sleep and home buttons at the same time for about 10-15 seconds until the Apple Logo appears - ignore the red slider - let go of the buttons.

Try this last part a couple of times

Chris
IPF Team

OP
S

SadGamerGeek

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorted!

A tried a safe mode boot (reboot with vol+ held), and the ff camera worked! So, that indicated it was probably a JB app. I uninstalled them one at a time, and it became apparent that Springtomize 2 was where the problem lied. There is a setting in it for disabling the ff camera. It wasn't disabled, but it is possible it had been in the past (I tried loads of options when I first installed it). Even when I took the main "disable" option in Springtomize, the ff camera was still disabled/broken.

When I did a full reset of Springtomize though (more -> Reset Defaults), this (after it forced a reboot) did the trick!

Thanks for the help & suggestions (and for moving it to a more relevant forum)!

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yay! Glad to hear that things got sorted for you. And, thanks for coming back and telling us your problem got resolved. Always nice to hear back - especially the success stories. :)

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts