What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 3 Cases ???

digitalartguru

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What case do you recommend for the new iPad 3?

Can you share the experience that you are having with your case?

Cheers!

Tom811

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I purchased a Incipio smart feather case for my iPad 3. Fast shipping and it fits well. I like how it fits with my smart cover. Back is a bit slippery since its smooth and it shows every finger print, but so does the iPad. There is a discount code available. Search google for it.

zipur

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Tom811 said:
I purchased a Incipio smart feather case for my iPad 3. Fast shipping and it fits well. I like how it fits with my smart cover. Back is a bit slippery since its smooth and it shows every finger print, but so does the iPad. There is a discount code available. Search google for it.

I wonder if you could put a skin on the back cover to give it a little bit more grip, padding and reduced finger prints?

I used to be all thumbs now I'm all gums I love dictating my posts!

Mdbedwell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
digitalartguru said:
What case do you recommend for the new iPad 3?

Can you share the experience that you are having with your case?

Cheers!

No expert here; however, I did answer a question about the Clam Case in "case" anyone is interested. The new IPad works perfectly in the Clam Case for the IPad 2. Just received it today and it is as functional as I hoped. It may only work a day for all I know but right this moment, it is outstanding!

Mike B

6mildollarman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anyone with experience on the new Otterbox Defender for the iPad 3? Seems they've really improved on the design, but still pretty pricey.

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
zipur said:
I wonder if you could put a skin on the back cover to give it a little bit more grip, padding and reduced finger prints?

I used to be all thumbs now I'm all gums I love dictating my posts!

As with my iPad 2, I use the Cimo thin TPU case, black (they also have an "S" version, but it's more flexible material). Nothing fancy but looks good, works great and is inexpensive. For iPad 2, it's $6 shipped, for iPad 3, it's $13 shipped, though they're really the same exact thing except for 1) allowance for thickness and 2) slight movement of rear camera hole. The iPad 2 case DOES fit, albeit a bit tightly. Either way, gives just enough grip and comfort for handling plus fully compatible with the Smart Cover without adding bulk.

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

PaulCarleton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Vaja - Leather Products

I have used a Vaja Case on my iPhone for several years now. Love it.

I just purchased the Vaja "Smart Grip for New Ipad W/Smart Cover. Black with the Caterina Rosso interior. The same as my iPhone Case. :)

ady199

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just bought one of these (it's awesome)

Last edited by a moderator:

Mikekan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anything that hides even the minimum of the beautiful ipad does not apply, so smart cover it is...l

Sent from my iPad using iPF

jturner3988

iPF Noob
Reaction score
6mildollarman said:
Anyone with experience on the new Otterbox Defender for the iPad 3? Seems they've really improved on the design, but still pretty pricey.

I purchased the new otter box case for my new iPad. It is a excellent case and offers extreme protection. One of the draw backs is the amount of bulk it adds but if that doesn't bother you and you want the best protection then get the otter box. One other issue that I noticed is that for some reason the cover is suppose to lock and unlock the iPad it doesn't work.

Most reactions

Latest posts