What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IPad 2 won't connect to wifi extender

Losshack

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

I purchased about 2 months ago my first Ipad 2 (WiFi 32gb). My IPad had terrible connection in my bedroom but I had good connection with two Iphone 4s and my Samsung Laptop R series laptop. I switched my routher from mixed g&n to g and it didn't help. So I went to the apple store and they gave me another Ipad. This didn't solve the problem so I started doing research to extend my WiFi range.

So I purchased a Netgear WN300RP WiFi Range Extender and had full range for all of my devices in my bedroom. After a day, I lost my connection to my ipad 2. I reset the extender with my router D Link Dir655 and it worked again for less than a day. It shows connected but the safari browser says "Safari cannot open the page because it is not connected to the internet". So I can't keep trying to communicate my router to the extender just to get internet connection for a day or so. I'm thinking its the Ipad and not the extender so I'm hoping someone will help out with advise.

Thanks

Carlos

Router D Link DIR655 (mixed g & n)
Netgear Universal WiFi Range Extender WN300RP
Ipad 2 WiFi 32 GB OS 4.3.3

bearswatchin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No guarantees but . . .

Go to your Settings, WiFi and remove/forget the connection you are trying to use. Then, reset the iPad: Hold the Sleep and Home buttons until the Apple logo appears.

Go back to Settings, WiFi, after the reset is complete and connect to the desired network.

This has worked for me in a similar situation. Good luck.

bw

OP
L

Losshack

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick response. I did call apple and they recommended the same. I was aware of turning off the device, I didn't know there was a reset feature. So far today I have not lost connection, I will keep an eye on it tomorrow and see if I have any problems. Thanks for the help!

Carlos

tylersmith

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Don't understand how to "remove/forget the connection". I can't find any way to do that.

Czevski

iPF Novice
Reaction score
tylersmith said:
Don't understand how to "remove/forget the connection". I can't find any way to do that.

In settings go to wi-fi then the connected wi-fi, click the > and choose forget this network. I've found that sometimes you can reconnect without restarting, but you may need to restart or reset (reboot)

Most reactions

Latest posts