What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 User In Indonesia

vinvan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can anyone help me ?

I live in Indonesia. I activated Axis sim card to send / receive email from my iPad 2.
FYI : I have 2 emails, yahoo and other is a local one : Centrin
There is no problem to send or receive email from Yahoo account. But is is a problem to send an email from Centrin, as I have to write down the outgoing server in the setting area. I don't know the outgoing server for centrin if I wanna use it with Axis sim card.

Please help me ....

Your help is much appreciated.

Thanks ....

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

For your Centrin account the settings are

smtp.centrin.net.id

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

Please read the rules too!!

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Tim
Scotland

OP
V

vinvan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Tim,

Thanks a lot and appreciated your reply.

It's still failed and did not work out when I use smtp.centrin.net.id as an outgoing email's server.
FYI : I use Axis sim card.

Thank you.

Tim SPRACKLEN said:
Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

For your Centrin account the settings are

smtp.centrin.net.id

If you donÂ’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

Please read the rules too!!

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Tim
Scotland

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK - the SMTP address is OK, but you've probably got the Port set to the default 25 and most ISPs don't allow Port 25 relays. You'll need to enable SSL and switch the port number to 465, use your email address as your login and your receive email password as the SSL password.

You can usually only use a Port 25 SMTP address when you're on your home ADSL (broadband) network.

I find it's often easier to set up a completely new account for SSL, get it working first, then delete the old Port 25 account. Editing email accounts on the iPad can be 'confusing'.

Let us know if you need any more help..that's what we're here for...

Tim

OP
V

vinvan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
OK - the SMTP address is OK, but you've probably got the Port set to the default 25 and most ISPs don't allow Port 25 relays. You'll need to enable SSL and switch the port number to 465, use your email address as your login and your receive email password as the SSL password.

You can usually only use a Port 25 SMTP address when you're on your home ADSL (broadband) network.

I find it's often easier to set up a completely new account for SSL, get it working first, then delete the old Port 25 account. Editing email accounts on the iPad can be 'confusing'.

Tim

Hi Tim,

Thx a lot. Appreciated your prompt reply !

It's still failed.

FYI : I use iPhone with Telkomsel simcard. For outgoing server I use

OP
V

vinvan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:

Tim

Hi Tim,

Thanks.

But it's still failed.

FYI : I use iPhone with Telkomsel sim card. For outgoing server I use mail.telkomsel.com and it's succeed.

VinVan

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So you currently have it set to SSL, with your username set to your email address, the password set to the password you use for receiving email and the port number set to 465? Do you receive an error message from the Mail app? Or does the mail just sit in the OutBox?

Tim

OP
V

vinvan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
So you currently have it set to SSL, with your username set to your email address, the password set to the password you use for receiving email and the port number set to 465? Do you receive an error message from the Mail app? Or does the mail just sit in the OutBox?

Tim

Yes, I have set it SSL, with my username and the password set to the password for receiving email. The port number is 465. The email just sit in the outbox. No error signed.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK - I've contacted Centrin and they tell me that they only support SSL for corporate customers. For domestic customers (I'm presuming that's what you are) there is no SSL and they only support Port 25 with no SSL and they don't allow Port 25 relay.

I have the same problem in the UK with my ISP who also doesn't support SSL. So I simply have set up a 'hybrid' account. I receive email using POP or IMAP from my ISP's server but I sent my email via gmail - because gmail is (a) free and (b) supports SSL. It works just fine. This may be a solution for you too.

If you don't have a gmail account you can set one up for free and then simply use the incoming gmail and forward it to your Centrin account and use the gmail SSL SMTP settings to send your mail. It works fine for me and I use it even when I'm on my home ADSL broadband network.

Tim

OP
V

vinvan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
OK - I've contacted Centrin and they tell me that they only support SSL for corporate customers. For domestic customers (I'm presuming that's what you are) there is no SSL and they only support Port 25 with no SSL and they don't allow Port 25 relay.

I have the same problem in the UK with my ISP who also doesn't support SSL. So I simply have set up a 'hybrid' account. I receive email using POP or IMAP from my ISP's server but I sent my email via gmail - because gmail is (a) free and (b) supports SSL. It works just fine. This may be a solution for you too.

If you don't have a gmail account you can set one up for free and then simply use the incoming gmail and forward it to your Centrin account and use the gmail SSL SMTP settings to send your mail. It works fine for me and I use it even when I'm on my home ADSL broadband network.

Tim

Tim,

Thanks for your help. Highly appreciated for you have done.

Once again thank you my friend ...

Best regards,
VinVan

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm moving this to the Help section because I think you'll receive some better suggestions there...:(

Tim

Most reactions