What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 uncomfortable gaming?

chinu92

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought the ipad 2 a week ago..i installed infinty blade as soon as i got it. But just within the first half hour, my wrists started to hurt.
Is there a specific way to hold the ipad while playing games? Its been a week now and my arms are painful and sore.
So is gaming on the ipad a no go? Need help guys. I have also invested in the smart cover. Even my shoulders hurt. I rarely place the ipad on my lap. It is on the table most of the time. Please help me.

Bosvaark

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Any device that you play games on will cause repetitive motion aches, stiffness and long term pains, take a break , move to different positions.

OP
C

chinu92

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Change positons? I played a game for 10 mins today..and my arms started to pain again. Plus my neck.
Im 6'1 and 185 lbs of muscle so its not that im weak lol

OP
C

chinu92

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Getting a Rocket Fish tablet stand is what I did,this takes care of the holding problems.
So ever since you bought the stand, you dont have arm and neck problems? Is it comfortable for gaming?

TigerFusion

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have 2 suggestions.
1. Get a protective case for your iPad 2. I got the Gumdrop Drop Tech Case, which adds weight, but also adds thickness to the ipad 2. The iPad is So Thin, that to keep from dropping it while playing exciting games, you have to grab the pad in an unnatural position. It hurt my knuckles because my hands are large.
2. I had neck surgery (4 level Cervical Fusion), and looking down while using the iPad is no longer an option. It hurts so bad to use for more than a few minutes in the position you would normaly hold the iPad while sitting in a chair. I purchased the LapWorks Wizard from Amazon. It is similar to a few cheaper Chinese made products, but he has beefed up the hinges to make it stronger. Wizard is and aluminum Lap Desk with 3 jointed legs on each side. I can configure them in a stretched Zig-Zag pattern and then swivel the flat Desk part almost straight up. I contacted the company and they sent me Free elastic bands to keep the iPad from falling forward. It is not cheap... $79, but Well Worth it. I did a Ton of research on Clamp on Arms, Music Stand Mounts, etc. The problem with the arms is that they wobble. This stand is just the right size to fit with me in my Lay-Z-Boy recliner. I can recline a little bit and have the iPad at the perfect distance to play games and even type. It has a Rubber Wrist Pad to make typing comfortable. You can even use it in bed. Check it out at laptopdesk.net
Hope this helps.

Most reactions

Latest posts