What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 Unable to join working network.

BobHelms

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have 2 XP-Pro laptops running wireless through a Linksys WRT54G router. Trying to add my iPad 2 64 WiFi with the same WPA security the laptops are using. iPad 2 says "Unable to join the network" along with a "Dismiss" option and nothing else. How / where can I find out what the iPad 2 is unhappy about. Thanks.
Bob Helms

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm assuming that (a) this is not a new problem - i.e. your iPad has never been able to join this WiFi network and (b) that you've set up the iPad with the necessary WPA security parameters in advance.

Tim

OP
B

BobHelms

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is a new problem, same parameters as the two laptops and the same password. The ipad 2 asked me about the network name and the security parms and the password and I used the same info as the laptops are using. So in that case I did not enter the information in advance.

OP
B

BobHelms

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Unknown, I will have to look. I'll let you know. Thanks for your help.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you don't, get back to me - I have one further idea - then I give up (at least for a while)

Tim

OP
B

BobHelms

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim,
That was the problem. I should have caught that. The WRT54G is my backup router, lighting got my new one. I had forgot about all them MAC addresses. Thanks for your help.
Bob Helms

Most reactions

Latest posts