What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 soon

slayda

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello y'all. I'm not an Apple person so this will all be new to me. ( I did have one of the original iPod MP3 players I got on eBay & my daughter inherited - i.e. she stoled it.) My iPad 2 should arrive on May 6. The I'll see if I'm smart enough to 'Point & Click'. I really want to be able to tether it to my Droid smartphone for vacations in the mountains of North Carolina. Also I'm looking forward to arm chair surfing.

My original computer experience is mainframe FORTRAN II, & eventually DOS, UNIX, and Windows. I'll probably be asking a lot of questions from you Apple guys. Hope you're friendly. :D

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
slayda said:
Hello y'all. I'm not an Apple person so this will all be new to me. ( I did have one of the original iPod MP3 players I got on eBay & my daughter inherited - i.e. she stoled it.) My iPad 2 should arrive on May 6. The I'll see if I'm smart enough to 'Point & Click'. I really want to be able to tether it to my Droid smartphone for vacations in the mountains of North Carolina. Also I'm looking forward to arm chair surfing.

My original computer experience is mainframe FORTRAN II, & eventually DOS, UNIX, and Windows. I'll probably be asking a lot of questions from you Apple guys. Hope you're friendly. :D

Fourtran....DOS......great, I actually remember those.....please, please, please don't give my age away!!!

I tried a bit of that arm chair surfing myself but it got wet and sank......won't be doing that again!

Enjoy yourself here.....I'll see you around these hallowed threads of help. If you haven't got it already it's probably worth downloading a free app called AppStart, loads of good info and reviews and lists of good apps, it does what it says on the tin.

The Archangel

Blueface

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Fortran..........
Wow, my days of carrying a box of cards around to punch to run a program and shoot yourself trying to find the one erroor card preventing the program from running.

And to think folks today complain about iPad's limitations. ROFLMAO

GlenL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I first read your post title, I thought you were going to say something about the iPad being too soon.. Then I realized you meant your iPad 2 was arriving soon.. Haha!

Congrats and enjoy!

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Ah - Fortran - I go misty eyed just thinking about those format statements - and the card punches...

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

Please read the rules too!!

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Tim
Scotland

Most reactions

Latest posts