What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 'sees' HP e-printer, but will not print emails

kellyswedick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We gave my mom an iPad 1, along with an HP Envy e-printer, and she was able to print emails, photos, etc. from her 1st generation iPad.

Recently we sent her an iPad 2 (she lives 2,000 miles away), and talked her through downloading the HP e-print app so the newer iPad could find her HP printer. Her iPad now "sees" the HP e-printer and her email address, and it will print photos directly from the HP app, as well as printing email ATTACHMENTS from her Mail app - but when she tries to print out an actual email, the "PRINT" option is always grayed out. So she can't print emails from her Mail app, nor I can I figure out how to get her email into the HP app's Documents folder.

We have tried everything I can think of, to no avail, and I can't seem to find anyone else with this specific problem.

Any suggestions are much appreciated!
Thanks,
Kelly

Parrori1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You can do it at least 2 ways. For one, she can capture the email as a photo by mashing the home button and power button at the same time, which saves in the photo app and is easily printed.

Second method is to go to the eHP app, mash the email button and load the email account address and password. That will enable you to read email in the eHP app and therefore print it.

Most reactions

Latest posts