What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 recording lectures/taking notes

revtobefiji

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi i have an ipad 2 and want to record lectures and take notes what is a great app? I have been using sound note formerly soundpaper but it only records up to 1hour? I had a class this morning which went up to 3 hours i thought it was recording but when I came home it had no sound after 1hour 10mins. Please help.

badphish

iPF Noob
Reaction score
live Notes is what you want i think u can upload to dropbox. u can also bookmark the audio on your note pages so u can easily find lecture audio. if this doesnt work for you let me know. i have tons of note taking apps on my ipad

Last edited:
OP
R

revtobefiji

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I checked out live notes but don't seem to like it any other suggestions? I just need to take notes and record lectures up to 2 and half hours.

snowboarder8985

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Audio note is my favorite. Let's you record, type and draw then email to yourself the notes and separate audio file.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Jasonastacio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been playing with notability. It ha the record and type notes functions.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
revtobefiji said:
I checked out live notes but don't seem to like it any other suggestions? I just need to take notes and record lectures up to 2 and half hours.

I have notes plus, I haven't delved into it entirely but it has note taking with keyboard and stylus or finger and recording. There are some great reviews of it, just google it.

Merk13

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would love an audio tool that records voice but also converts the voice to text at the same time !

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Merk13 said:
I would love an audio tool that records voice but also converts the voice to text at the same time !

Have you tried dragon dictation, I haven't played with it much myself, but it does type up anything you say.. You will need to edit it a bit, but that's better than typing the lot. And it's free

aihna

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been playing with notability. It ha the record and type notes functions.

Your right! I've been using notability since I got my iPad 2! This one really help me to record and take jot down notes.

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
firemanprice said:
@Merk, you read my mind this is what I've been looking for for the longest. Thanx Leelai I'm going to check this out right now. 

Hmmmmm...I believe I suggested that in post#2.....lol.

Wokiebear

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Dragon is good, but in lecture situations and more than one voice or loud noises only about 70% accuracy. There is an app out there that I've seen that links your recording to your notes. Been so long I can't remember what it was. You just had to tap your note to make the recording play at that point. But that's what I do In my real live everyday work....I'm a court reporter. Voice recognition is getting there...just not yet with reliability. You need quiet and one voice that had been "trained" to recognize the sound. There is another source doing the take notes with the audio and tap on the notes to play it, but that's a special pen with special paper to activate it.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Wokiebear said:
Dragon is good, but in lecture situations and more than one voice or loud noises only about 70% accuracy. There is an app out there that I've seen that links your recording to your notes. Been so long I can't remember what it was. You just had to tap your note to make the recording play at that point. But that's what I do In my real live everyday work....I'm a court reporter. Voice recognition is getting there...just not yet with reliability. You need quiet and one voice that had been "trained" to recognize the sound. There is another source doing the take notes with the audio and tap on the notes to play it, but that's a special pen with special paper to activate it.

I think the app your thinking of is Notes Plus, well at least this app does record audio while making notes, and for playback you can tap a note you made and the audio will begin at that point. There's some great reviews on it. Just google it

firemanprice

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Outl4w how can I forget you I'm so sorry. You did mention Dragon dictation first, thanks for all your help you have given all of us here on this forum.

Most reactions

Latest posts