What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 must go!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GlenL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Spag_187 said:
That's what I was hoping for as well. I have a great mac laptop already, so I figured the iPad would be a great compliment to it. But, after having it now for a few weeks, I feel another mac would more suit my needs!

I'm curious as to why you need two separate laptops. Besides leaving it in two separate places, what do you do that you need two full-fledged laptops? If I was programming windows code, one would be enough for me.

thedon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh well I'm keeping my iPad? I was smart enough to try it before buying an writing a post about taking it back or selling. Idiots shouldn't have one anyway so good luck in your future test lab of gadgets you should use your laptops to read about, view on YouTube, and otherwise gain enough knowledge to fill your little brain with. Long run on sentence over.

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I still think his post was valid. Title a little direct though..lmao. People just getting jumpy every time someone has a negative opinion or experience with the iPad. He even said he liked it. It just didn't meet all his expectations or needs. He wrote his thread post in civil manner. It didn't require people coming in saying u shoulda did this or that or you shoulda known better..lmao gimme a break. That's what provoked his comeback insult based on people basically insulting him. Maybe he didn't know about all the types of workarounds n stuff that can be done with iPad to make more usable for everyday use. People just need to chill out. Seems like "Everyone" is actin up or acting petty up here lately, sheesh..lol. This is the place to gather and share information and opinions. Not to insult one another because you don't agree with them or have the same views as you. He is not the first and certainly won't be the last to comment iPad not meeting up to expectations. That's life. Everyone doesn't like all the same exact things or see things the same way as everyone else.

Sent From IPF app, if u need to know about the wonders of Jailbrake, inbox me!

madcapjim

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Maybe you should not post on an iPad lovers forum about not liking your iPad.

I thought this was a forum to discuss everything about the ipad, pros and cons, likes and dislikes?? I had no idea this was a place to worship the thing....:confused:

Agree. The iPad didn't work out as he hoped it would. He said absolutely nothing wrong in his post. He is returning or selling it. Why should anyone be offended by that?
Maybe create a worship zone for the overly sensitive here.;)

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
G.P said:
I thought this was a forum to discuss everything about the ipad, pros and cons, likes and dislikes?? I had no idea this was a place to worship the thing....:confused:

Last edited by a moderator:

hoshnasi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
... A more efficient title for people who are wondering with the iPad 2 meet their needs is

Magical but not manageable

OP is selling his iPad2, the post clearly states that. He doesn't need a politically correct title to keep those with jerky knees and poor reading comprehension from losing it.

dabears

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, I'm sad to announce that my beautiful iPad 2 must go bye bye now. I was really hoping to replace the need of a secondary laptop with it, but sadly, there are to many cons to not having the optical drive, speed and performance of a traditional laptop. I have had several tempting offers to trade for some nice MacBooks out there, but it's hard to say goodbye! Too bad I couldn't afford to just keep all these wonderful toys at my disposal Haha...

I was in the same dilemma but since I got a 3G version iPad 2, I came to like it and I have more fun with it. When I had a wifi first gen iPad, I wasn't as excited because I always leave it at home. 3G version was only missing. I much rather take this with me anywhere than my MacBook pro. I hardly use the cd burner with it anyways. Best of luck!

GlenL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thedon said:
Oh well I'm keeping my iPad? I was smart enough to try it before buying an writing a post about taking it back or selling. Idiots shouldn't have one anyway so good luck in your future test lab of gadgets you should use your laptops to read about, view on YouTube, and otherwise gain enough knowledge to fill your little brain with. Long run on sentence over.

Page 2 (although sometimes even earlier) is where posts stop becoming useful and people start to just babble. Present company not excluded.

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hoshnasi said:
OP is selling his iPad2, the post clearly states that. He doesn't need a politically correct title to keep those with jerky knees and poor reading comprehension from losing it.

Good one..lmao HK is cool though. He just loves his iPad n defending it. A lot of people take pride in the ownership of the iPad. But with me, I'm not gonna flip or insult others just because they don't agree. Not saying that's the case with HK, I was just saying...

hoshnasi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hoshnasi said:

Good one..lmao HK is cool though. He just loves his iPad n defending it. A lot of people take pride in the ownership of the iPad. But with me, I'm not gonna flip or insult others just because they don't agree. Not saying that's the case with HK, I was just saying...

Whats funny about the internet is that by and large, everyone is cool in reality. We just don't give others the benefit of the doubt. HK is cool and I wasn't really calling him out more the people who can't bare to hear another persons opinion when it differs from theirs.

OP
Spag_187

Spag_187

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Let me fix this issue. Please allow me to apologize for sharing my thoughts on how the iPad has worked out for me thus far! Calling it a beautiful and an amazing machine must have been extremely offensive to many of you! How dare I and shame on me!

The fact that I was hoping to over look the difference between a laptop and the iPad has proven to be an irresponsible decision. I should have known better than to purchase one, try it out for nearly a month and then determine (for my personal needs) that a traditional laptop would have been better suited for me. I can only imagine the devastation that those poor folks are going through having to wait for theirs to arrive from a 2 week back order, just because I selfishly grabbed one on launch day before spending countless hours researching and test driving one first!

The only true redemption would be to revert to the Roman Empire era and crucify me!

OP
Spag_187

Spag_187

iPF Noob
Reaction score
HKWrite12 said:
I think your title is offensive enough. You are like the fourth person to make some post about not being able to keep the awesome iPad 2 but use a title like IPAD2 sucks (basically). A more efficient title for people who are wondering with the iPad 2 meet their needs is

Magical but not manageable.

Then you could go on to write your thoughts or reviews so someone who has/had the same questions could learn from your post.

Just because you can't afford to keep it doesn't mean you have right to rid it to eternal damnation.

If you paid more attention, people here have innovated and made all types of mods for the iPad 2.

Hypershop is even releasing a compatible harddrive with USB and SD ports that connect to the iPad via a camera kit. Everyone could use a little more space. But happy selling. I hope you find what you like. Then you can join macforums.

Finances aren't holding me back from keeping the iPad bro, I just can't be dropping cash for both laptops and iPads and my vacation home in big bear, my boat in the driveway, my two dirt bikes, my daughters private education, my wife's beautiful fake tits and taking my girlfriend shopping every weekend just to keep her mouth shut!

dabears

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Let me fix this issue. Please allow me to apologize for sharing my thoughts on how the iPad has worked out for me thus far! Calling it a beautiful and an amazing machine must have been extremely offensive to many of you! How dare I and shame on me!

The fact that I was hoping to over look the difference between a laptop and the iPad has proven to be an irresponsible decision. I should have known better than to purchase one, try it out for nearly a month and then determine (for my personal needs) that a traditional laptop would have been better suited for me. I can only imagine the devastation that those poor folks are going through having to wait for theirs to arrive from a 2 week back order, just because I selfishly grabbed one on launch day before spending countless hours researching and test driving one first!

The only true redemption would be to revert to the Roman Empire era and
crucify me!

You don't need to apologized or something. I know a few people that has a difficult time justifying and owning an iPad. It works for me since I can take this to my work because my work somehow don't allow a laptop. I guess maybe because iPad is not a full blown laptop. It's ok with me.

OP
Spag_187

Spag_187

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Spag_187 said:
Finances aren't holding me back from keeping the iPad bro, I just can't be dropping cash for both laptops and iPads and my vacation home in big bear, my boat in the driveway, my two dirt bikes, my daughters private education, my wife's beautiful fake tits and taking my girlfriend shopping every weekend just to keep her mouth shut!

Sorry, I know... I'm stooping to lesser levels!

Breitling65

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, I'm sad to announce that my beautiful iPad 2 must go bye bye now. I was really hoping to replace the need of a secondary laptop with it, but sadly, there are to many cons to not having the optical drive, speed and performance of a traditional laptop. I have had several tempting offers to trade for some nice MacBooks out there, but it's hard to say goodbye! Too bad I couldn't afford to just keep all these wonderful toys at my disposal Haha...

Why would I write about? I have desktop, laptop and ipad2. Each working their way. I also like my iphone4, two iPod's in each of my cars. My wife also own iphone4 and iPod nano. So? Why would anyone care what I give up or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions