What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 must go!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spag_187

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, I'm sad to announce that my beautiful iPad 2 must go bye bye now. I was really hoping to replace the need of a secondary laptop with it, but sadly, there are to many cons to not having the optical drive, speed and performance of a traditional laptop. I have had several tempting offers to trade for some nice MacBooks out there, but it's hard to say goodbye! Too bad I couldn't afford to just keep all these wonderful toys at my disposal Haha...

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, I'm sad to announce that my beautiful iPad 2 must go bye bye now. I was really hoping to replace the need of a secondary laptop with it, but sadly, there are to many cons to not having the optical drive, speed and performance of a traditional laptop. I have had several tempting offers to trade for some nice MacBooks out there, but it's hard to say goodbye! Too bad I couldn't afford to just keep all these wonderful toys at my disposal Haha...

This makes me sad......

And I don't even have an iPad2 yet.....

Tim
Scotland

Tarkio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Did you not read the iPad specs over the last year? At least you might make some extra $$ if you sell it fast enough.

OP
Spag_187

Spag_187

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tarkio said:
Did you not read the iPad specs over the last year? At least you might make some extra $$ if you sell it fast enough.

Oh, I read the specs, just thought I'd be able to live with it. Turns out, not so much...

iPadPil

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad never meant to replace the laptop/desktop !! As the previous poster said you had more than twelve months to educate yourself before buying. I am awaiting my iPad 2 and I will keep my iPad 1 as well for my work. Good luck

Mklooster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm sure you could sell it on eBay for either a profit or at least ur money back since basically nobody has it and is on a 3-4 week backorder on apple

thedon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPadPil said:
iPad never meant to replace the laptop/desktop !! As the previous poster said you had more than twelve months to educate yourself before buying. I am awaiting my iPad 2 and I will keep my iPad 1 as well for my work. Good luck

You folks need to read the OG post before you go on a rampage..."you had a whole year, you should have read, blah, blah!" I knew exactly what the iPad was about, I've just come to realize now that as great as a machine it is, I prefer the full functionality of a MacBook or MacBook air! You bunch of dorks!

Maybe you should not post on an iPad lovers forum about not liking your iPad. We all like ours. So just cus you had an issue with yours you don't have to make a post about it.

Mklooster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thedon said:
Maybe you should not post on an iPad lovers forum about not liking your iPad. We all like ours. So just cus you had an issue with yours you don't have to make a post about it.

Listen he never said he didn't like it in fact he said he thought it was a great device he just liked MacBook more. Which is still an apple product so really i think you are the one throwing the hissy fit.

Martlet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Spag_187 said:
You folks need to read the OG post before you go on a rampage..."you had a whole year, you should have read, blah, blah!" I knew exactly what the iPad was about, I've just come to realize now that as great as a machine it is, I prefer the full functionality of a MacBook or MacBook air! You bunch of dorks!

I was lucky. I love my iPad 2. I was able to replace my laptop for at least 95% of my usage. If it had a USB port, I'd only need my laptop for video editing.

Catfiend

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Martlet said:
I was lucky. I love my iPad 2. I was able to replace my laptop for at least 95% of my usage. If it had a USB port, I'd only need my laptop for video editing.

Once my Zaggmate arrives I expect my iPad 2 will replace all of my non-work related laptop usage except for reviewing/editing some texts for friends. If one of the Word compatible apps handled change tracking my only use of the laptop would be iTunes and it's connection to the iPad. I can see why it wouldn't do it for some people, though, and it definitely wouldn't replace my work laptop since it would be difficult to write Windows programs on the iPad :)

OP
Spag_187

Spag_187

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Martlet said:

That's what I was hoping for as well. I have a great mac laptop already, so I figured the iPad would be a great compliment to it. But, after having it now for a few weeks, I feel another mac would more suit my needs!

G.P

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Maybe you should not post on an iPad lovers forum about not liking your iPad.

I thought this was a forum to discuss everything about the ipad, pros and cons, likes and dislikes?? I had no idea this was a place to worship the thing....:confused:

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Spag_187 said:

I think your title is offensive enough. You are like the fourth person to make some post about not being able to keep the awesome iPad 2 but use a title like IPAD2 sucks (basically). A more efficient title for people who are wondering with the iPad 2 meet their needs is

Magical but not manageable.

Then you could go on to write your thoughts or reviews so someone who has/had the same questions could learn from your post.

Just because you can't afford to keep it doesn't mean you have right to rid it to eternal damnation.

If you paid more attention, people here have innovated and made all types of mods for the iPad 2.

Hypershop is even releasing a compatible harddrive with USB and SD ports that connect to the iPad via a camera kit. Everyone could use a little more space. But happy selling. I hope you find what you like. Then you can join macforums.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions