What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 and Youtube issue, please help!

Bubbabyte

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm on an ipad 2 (5.0.1) and jailbroken. Aside from the youtube app, i have itubelist and protube installed (i've tried reinstalling both and did not affect). The problem is that i'm not able to play youtube videos on ANYTHING other than the youtube app. All i get is a black video with spinning wheel. Normally this is not a problem as i would just use the youtube app which seems to work flawlessly, but it affects watching videos on facebook, twitter, or any other website that i'm currently viewing. I've tried safari, icab, grazing, dolphin browsers and same thing with each one. I know the possibility of downgrading from 5.1 to 5.0.1 may be an option in the future but for right now i dont think i can restore and keep my jailbreak, unless i'm not aware of it. If someone has any options or suggestions, please comment cause i'm at a loss and really don't want to lose my jailbreak, but it's incredibly annoying to not be able to play videos that are shared with me on facebook/twitter etc.

rhinovr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
VideoLessonOffer.com
Have you tried it with itubelist and (most importantly) protube uninstalled? Also, I haven't heard of any problems that would relate, but which jailbreak method did you use?

OP
B

Bubbabyte

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yep i did, just to make sure i removed them again completely, disabled 90% of my cydia tweaks, and reboot the ipad, same thing. All i get is a spinning wheel on any app outside of the youtube app, even pro tube woulnd't play videos when it was installed.

Any other suggestions to try?

Also, as far as jailbreaking, i did it with absinthe command prompt the day it was released for 5.0.1 for A5. To my knowledge, youtube was working until about a month ago, but i can't pinpoint what was changed or when it exactly happened.

Last edited:

Most reactions