What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ios8 Ringtone

ChrisK77

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Since updating to ios8 I have no option to change my ipad ringtone to [none]. I want my ipad to alert me to texts, emails, etc, so turning all volume off is not the right option. I just don't want the ipad to ring every time my phone rings! Any ideas?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
All I can find is the option to turn that functionality off (as in, iPhone calls will not also ring on your iPad).

To turn it off, on your iPad, go to the FaceTime section in your Settings app. Once you've tapped the FaceTime line, scroll until you see the line titled "iPhone Cellular Calls" and make sure the button is OFF (no green showing).

I don't know if it makes a difference, but I also turned this off on my phone.

Now, no calls to the iPad when the iPhone is called.

Hope this helps.

Marilyn

OP
C

ChrisK77

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Marilyn! It was the setting on the phone that finally worked.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Great, glad it worked!

In fact, I was glad you asked the question because I didn't really like having that function on my iPad, either. I have my phone with me and sure didn't need both iDevices to ring!

Thanks for coming back to say the advice helped. It's always good to hear back ... especially the success stories. :D

Marilyn

Keithy baby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Marilyn! It was the setting on the phone that finally worked.
Yes, this worked for me too. But what a daft place for Apple to put the option! Why not have a disabling setting on the iPad itself, or the option of 'no ringtone' in the Sounds?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Great, glad it worked!

In fact, I was glad you asked the question because I didn't really like having that function on my iPad, either. I have my phone with me and sure didn't need both iDevices to ring!

Thanks for coming back to say the advice helped. It's always good to hear back ... especially the success stories. :D

Marilyn
I can certainly agree with that. A couple of weeks ago I received a call on my iPhone and my iPad, MacBook Pro, and my iPhone all started ringing together.
The one time I found the feature useful was when I was in the back yard with my iPad and my iPhone was in the house, plugged into the charger when a call came in. I answered it on my iPad with no problems.

Most reactions