What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS8 on iPad Air - thoughts?

ObiJohnKenobi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
And, of course the big one, you must have an iPhone. Not everyone does.

You're right. It's funny, I don't ever imagine having one without the other. My iPhone and iPad to me are like one device, each extending the functionality and utility of the other.

You make good points. I haven't had a reason yet to need the GPS on my iPad myself, but I hadn't thought much about the battery drain on my iPhone.

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've been thinking about this myself. I only see three drawbacks.

No GPS on the iPad. I'm pretty sure the iPad won't be able to draw on the iPhone's GPS, at least for now.

Everything depends on the iPhone's battery. The iPhone gets low, you're done with iPad browsing. This is offset a bit if you have the better battery life of the iPhone 6 Plus, but if you do you'er probably carrying the iPad a lot less often. At least I am.

And, of course the big one, you must have an iPhone. Not everyone does.

None of these are show stoppers (well, except the last), and I may chose a non-cellular model next time; but for now I'm leaving my iPad Air connected to my carrier. At $10/mo I consider it a good backup connection to the internet.

I'm a non iPhone owner so I qualify as one of those that still find the cellular support well worth it for the iPad. I don't use it that often but man oh man when I need it I'm so glad it's there! ;)

HappyPelican

iPF Novice
Reaction score
So far no issues on my iPad Air. I updated my 5S first and really liked it. I don't even care about losing my jailbreak since Apple has incorporated most of the functions I needed a jailbreak for.

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I updated to iOS 8.1, and my issues with wi-fi internet connectivity and guided access seem to be fixed. Hooray!
That's good to hear OJK, as I was having the same problem. Haven't updated yet due to some time constraints but your post has eased the way. No worries!
Andrew

Most reactions

Latest posts