What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IOS 8 keyboard pop up on AOL

tommyt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Since installing IOS 8 on IPAD 2 when I am on the AOL homepage and try to scroll down, the keyboard keeps popping up. I dont need to type anything, I just want to view articles. It never did this on IOS 7.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Try going to Settings > Safari and Clear History and Website Data.

You'll have to log back into sites that usually remember you, since sign-in credentials are stored in cookies (website data).

OP
T

tommyt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try going to Settings > Safari and Clear History and Website Data.

You'll have to log back into sites that usually remember you, since sign-in credentials are stored in cookies (website data).

OP
T

tommyt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. Clearing History trail worked, sort of. The keyboard still came back on first entering AOL homepage but then did not reappear when looking at further AOL pages, just that stupid bottom toolbar kept coming back as before on IOS 7.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
No problem.

The tool bar will be part of the site's design. Nothing you can do except give feedback to the owners f the site.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Or are you talking about the Control Center that shows up when you swipe from the bottom edge of the screen?

You can keep it from working in open apps: Settings > Control Center.

OP
T

tommyt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It is the control center bar that appears from swiping up at the bottom of the screen. Tried switching it off from the settings/control center and it works!! Thank you very much as it was driving my wife and I crazy.

motsco

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Since installing IOS 8 on IPAD 2 when I am on the AOL homepage and try to scroll down, the keyboard keeps popping up. I dont need to type anything, I just want to view articles. It never did this on IOS 7.

lol every time I sm signed into a forum and I scroll up or down my page go's up like the key board is loading but dosnt, and if the keyboard comes up it lags, and takes forever to respond, kind of like a pc that's lagging.

Question. how are you advertisements ?

Most reactions

Latest posts