What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ios 7.4 apple tv icon is missing

karpcb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I couldn't run any videos through Apple TV from YouTube app. There is no option to connect to Apple TV. Do anyone came across this issue??

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Did you try pulling up the Control Center (swipe from bottom edge of the screen) and see what your AirPlay options are?

This works using the Reflector app on my Mac. Shouldn't be any different for AirPlay to the Apple TV.

panchucko

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I notice that the air play icon doesn't show up if there is no Apple TV present. Icon is there when I am at home, when at work no icon.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
There are a few other things that will show up in AirPlay, but basically, yes. If there are no AirPlay compatible devices in range, the Control Center won't bother to you to show a non-existant option. I'm pretty sure iOS 6 behaved the same way, except the icon was in the Multitasking bar, after swiping it to the right.

A bit more:

Bluetooth speakers and devices will only show up if Bluetooth is on and the device is showing as connected in the Settings > Bluetooth.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Speaking of Control panel. Can I add a calculator to it?

Afraid not, there's very little you can do to customize the Control Panel.

There's a calculator in the iPhone's Control Panel, but there's also a built-in calculator app on the iPhone; which the iPad doesn't have.

Most reactions

Latest posts