What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IOS 6 ate all my apps and music!

jaecee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I made the mistake of updating to iOS 6. It sent my iPad back to the last backup. Most of my apps, some of my pictures, all my music and books are now out there in the ether somewhere. I can pull them up in iTunes on my laptop, but don't know how to get them back to the iPad.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks,

Ka
Kare

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Go to the purchased lists in iTunes and the App Store, your missing music, books and apps will be there.

zunex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When upgrade to the new version of iOS, all your existing apps, books & musics will be remove. However, you can restore it from your backup files, or reinstall them in the "Purchase" tab in iTunes.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
zunex said:
When upgrade to the new version of iOS, all your existing apps, books & musics will be remove. However, you can restore it from your backup files, or reinstall them in the "Purchase" tab in iTunes.

During a normal update you will not lose anything from your iPad. After the update, all your apps, music, movies, data, etc, are reloaded automatically.

OP
J

jaecee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For some reason my iPad went into recovery mode when I was updating. All the apps music and books are in iTunes on my laptop. Most of the apps have a free update. That's what I'm doing now.

How do I get the stuff stored on iTunes onto the iPad? Sync with the cable.? Does it go through iCloud? Sorry for the hand wringing here, but I just lost a lot of work if its not in the apps stored on iTunes.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
jaecee said:
For some reason my iPad went into recovery mode when I was updating. All the apps music and books are in iTunes on my laptop. Most of the apps have a free update. That's what I'm doing now.

How do I get the stuff stored on iTunes onto the iPad? Sync with the cable.? Does it go through iCloud? Sorry for the hand wringing here, but I just lost a lot of work if its not in the apps stored on iTunes.

If you sync your iPad with iTunes on your computer using your cable everything is automatically backed up. If you purchased anything with your ipad since the last time you backed up your iPad, you will be given the opportunity to transfer those purchases to iTunes on your computer. If you don't transfer purchases, they will be erased from your iPad during the sync.

OP
J

jaecee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Whew, I got everything back but some journal entries and my iBooks.

All the iBooks are on my phone, also. Will they sync when I plug the phone in?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
jaecee said:
Whew, I got everything back but some journal entries and my iBooks.

All the iBooks are on my phone, also. Will they sync when I plug the phone in?

Your iPhone will sync just like your iPad. If there is content on your phone that is not present in iTunes, such as in iBooks you should see a popup that mentions that and gives you the choice of transferring those items to iTunes. If you don't do this, the items will be erased from your iPhone during the sync.

OP
J

jaecee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I checked on iTunes earlier, all the books were there. Do they need to be checked, or unchecked for them to sync?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
jaecee said:
When I checked on iTunes earlier, all the books were there. Do they need to be checked, or unchecked for them to sync?

Try have to be checked in order to sync with your iPad.

Most reactions

Latest posts