What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 6.1.2?

Nikhil

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple dint even launch iOS 6.1.1 and directly skipped to iOS 6.1.2 ? I heard that its launched for iPhone 4s

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Apple dint even launch iOS 6.1.1 and directly skipped to iOS 6.1.2 ? I heard that its launched for iPhone 4s

Correct, iOS 6.1.1 was only for the iPhone 4S. Any other devices updated straight from iOS 6.1 to 6.1.2.

OP
Nikhil

Nikhil

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Another iOS 6 version, iOS 6.0.2, was for the iPhone 5 and iPad mini, only.

Ya I know about that.So various updates are for various iDevices that's what you mean right?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The minor updates that went to specific devices were all meant to fix problems with those specific devices. Issuing an update to every device to fix a few would violate the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" rule of thumb.

On the other side, if you tried to number updates individually for each device you'd soon have so many updates with the same number it would be confusing as all get out.

So, really, just skipping to the next number is the best out of no perfect choices.

OP
Nikhil

Nikhil

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The minor updates that went to specific devices were all meant to fix problems with those specific devices. Issuing an update to every device to fix a few would violate the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" rule of thumb.

On the other side, if you tried to number updates individually for each device you'd soon have so many updates with the same number it would be confusing as all get out.

So, really, just skipping to the next number is the best out of no perfect choices.

Oh I get it!

Most reactions