What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 4.2 Now Plays My MOV Files

RAC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Until now the iPad only played a very specific type of MOV file, not the files that my camera produced. With iOS 4.2 this seems to have been fixed.

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You know, I saw that in the specs yesterday and I thought I was misunderstanding, or it was a typeo.

H.264 video up to 720p, 30 frames per second, Main Profile level 3.1 with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps per channel, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; MPEG-4 video, up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats
Apple - iPad - View the technical specifications for iPad.

OP
R

RAC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I just thought that I would give it a try, and. it worked. Originally, I was vey disappointed/annoyed to find that I could load movies from I camera and play them. I had expected that this would be possible. At least now the problem has been addressed.

Haly2k1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Will these movies show up in iMovie on the iPad, such that they can be edited?

Most reactions

Latest posts