What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 11 is Out Today

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
iOS 11 out now.JPG

The big day is finally here, with iOS 11 now available to download for compatible iPhones, iPads, and iPod touch, bringing with it many changes and improvements. At the time of writing, iOS 11 is one of the top trends on Twitter worldwide, and judging by the most popular comments on there, the main issue around the world appears to be how long it takes to download, and how big the update is (2.5GB, approximately), with a Twitter moment titled “The iOS 11 Struggle is Real if You Have Full Storage.”

AppleInsider has a great round-up report on the many changes ushered in by the update, including ARKit, a revamped App Store, deep learning for Siri, Do Not Disturb While Driving, a new Music app, h.265 for video, a redesigned Control Center, indoor mapping for Maps, and AirPlay 2.

You’ll need to have iPhone 5s and upward or iPad mini 2 and upward, iPad Air and upward, and all iPad Pros, as well as the iPod touch sixth generation, in order to download the software.

Source: Apple's iOS 11 available to all, brings better Siri, ARKit, H.265, AirPlay 2, more

MilaMila

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As an iPhone 6s P and iPad Air user, I've downloaded iOS 11 on my iPhone 6s Plus...it takes me hours to finish the update.

brixtonboy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
As an iPhone 6s P and iPad Air user, I've downloaded iOS 11 on my iPhone 6s Plus...it takes me hours to finish the update.

It's new everybody wants it one the first day, the first minute. Maybe if you could have waited a day or 2 even it might have downloaded in 20 minutes.

bbakernbay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Amazing results on iOS 11 on my iPad Air.

I have a 16GB IPad Air which has only 450 Mb of memory left.

After the new iOS 11 download I have 5.3 Gb of unused memory.

Absolutely amazing, terrific upgrade.

Also really appreciating the dual alpha / numeric keyboard where you can easily type numbers by dragging down the key.

Thank you Apple!

brixtonboy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Amazing results on iOS 11 on my iPad Air.

I have a 16GB IPad Air which has only 450 Mb of memory left.

After the new iOS 11 download I have 5.3 Gb of unused memory.

Absolutely amazing, terrific upgrade.

Also really appreciating the dual alpha / numeric keyboard where you can easily type numbers by dragging down the key.

Thank you Apple!

That sounds cool from one still on the old one

brixtonboy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
That sounds cool from one still on the old one

Tapatalk has updated it's app, removed the edit facility seems l have quote my own post ?

Anyway how come you got 5mb now on you iPad, something must not be right. I'm totally confused.

What's been removed ????

brixtonboy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Tapatalk has updated it's app, removed the edit facility seems l have quote my own post ?

Anyway how come you got 5mb now on you iPad, something must not be right. I'm totally confused.

What's been removed ????

Not MB GB

brixtonboy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Bit the bullet installed iOS 11 last night. Took 30 minutes from start to finish fastest ever.
Last night enable iOS 11 on my way I’ve paid it yeah I know I’m using dictation.
For the first time ever pressed the microphone button, didn’t come out quite right but you never know.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Bit the bullet installed iOS 11 last night. Took 30 minutes from start to finish fastest ever.
Last night enable iOS 11 on my way I’ve paid it yeah I know I’m using dictation.
For the first time ever pressed the microphone button, didn’t come out quite right but you never know.

About dictation, this thread is still ‘mostly’ relevant.
Dictation Tips and Tricks

Most reactions

Latest posts