What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Invisable apps

TammysPad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello if I'm in the right place for this strange question I hope someone can answer. I have the newest iPad . It often tells me I have updates. Some I don't want ...but when it comes to my angry birds I update, so lately when I do the update and it completes.the app is a solid white. I don't know how to fix so I know what I want to play. No more updates. Is it me me or the birds?
Thanks for any bread crumbs
Tammy

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
G'day Tammy. Try this fairly simple step first, an often known cure for any app that acts a bit "funny".
Double press the home button and all the apps you have still hanging around in RAM will appear on the task bar, bottom row. Hold down on any one of them and they will all start to wiggle. Tap the minus sign on all those apps to rid them out of RAM. (You won't lose any app you have downloaded). Then restart your iPad. Any good?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
TammysPad

TammysPad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
G'day Tammy. Try this fairly simple step first, an often known cure for any app that acts a bit "funny".
Double press the home button and all the apps you have still hanging around in RAM will appear on the task bar, bottom row. Hold down on any one of them and they will all start to wiggle. Tap the minus sign on all those apps to rid them out of RAM. (You won't lose any app you have downloaded). Then restart your iPad. Any good?

Thanks a bunch....but it didn't work. It just aggravates the heck out of me. Now here in San Antonio Texas its 12:30 AM and I'll mess with it until one of us or both are erased or both the pad or I pass out. If any more ideas are there let me know! Thanks. For the idea!
Tammy

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks a bunch....but it didn't work. It just aggravates the heck out of me. Now here in San Antonio Texas its 12:30 AM and I'll mess with it until one of us or both are erased or both the pad or I pass out. If any more ideas are there let me know! Thanks. For the idea!
Tammy

Sorry to hear that Tammy. Don't worry and get some sleep :). Then look at these tomorrow:
1) delete that recalcitrant app right off your iPad. Then go into your AppStore icon and, after tapping "Purchased" download the app again.
2) If that didn't work, reset your iPad, something Apple recommends should be done periodically.
Simultaneously hold down the On/Off and Home buttons until the screen blacks out. Keep holding both until the white Apple logo appears and then let both go. Then wait until your wallpaper appears. Restart your iPad.

Trust that has helped, but whatever you do, don't erase yourself ;) a solution should be available.
Regards, Andrew

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Is it worth Moving this thread to another forum where iPad problems are aired?

Just a thought ;)

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
TammysPad

TammysPad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that Tammy. Don't worry and get some sleep :). Then look at these tomorrow:
1) delete that recalcitrant app right off your iPad. Then go into your AppStore icon and, after tapping "Purchased" download the app again.
2) If that didn't work, reset your iPad, something Apple recommends should be done periodically.
Simultaneously hold down the On/Off and Home buttons until the screen blacks out. Keep holding both until the white Apple logo appears and then let both go. Then wait until your wallpaper appears. Restart your iPad.

Trust that has helped, but whatever you do, don't erase yourself ;) a solution should be available.
Regards, Andrew

Andrew I really did a dozzy. I tried that...and it erased all my power ups. I tried to contact Ravio(?) but that was like a root canal. But thanks and I will keep working.
Tammy

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Andrew I really did a dozzy. I tried that...and it erased all my power ups. I tried to contact Ravio(?) but that was like a root canal. But thanks and I will keep working.
Tammy

Hi Tammy, you are already in the Help sub-forum, your best chance of helpful members chipping in to assist. Resetting your iPad should not have erased any apps. I'm hoping others may chime in with suggestions, as I do not believe your iPad is beyond redemption:)

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you've paid for those powerups, you should be able to restore them at no extra cost. Somewhere in that app should be an option to "restore purchases." You'll just have to find it and hit the button.

However, I assume the delete/re-install fixed the white icon issue...?

Marilyn

OP
TammysPad

TammysPad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you've paid for those powerups, you should be able to restore them at no extra cost. Somewhere in that app should be an option to "restore purchases." You'll just have to find it and hit the button.

However, I assume the delete/re-install fixed the white icon issue...?

Marilyn

Thanks Marilyn
My power ups are back. But the app I updated is still white,and under it instead of stating "Seasons" it's blank. Someone with Rovio (?) got back with me and said it was because it was properly because it was the iPad 1. They were trying to fix it. I'm on the cloud and on my new iPad it's fine. So bottom line... I rather purchase that up date.
When I did go back to purchases and hit the app install ,it showed installed....and didn't work.
Thank You
Tammy

OP
TammysPad

TammysPad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Tammy, you are already in the Help sub-forum, your best chance of helpful members chipping in to assist. Resetting your iPad should not have erased any apps. I'm hoping others may chime in with suggestions, as I do not believe your iPad is beyond redemption:)

Sorry OB
Worker up holding pad! I just didn't know where to go into. But Rovio(?) told me its a glitch in the iPad 1. I did tell them it didn't effect the new one. So no more updates.
Thank You Very Much For Your Help

OP
TammysPad

TammysPad

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Thanks OB,I fell asleep with my pad in hands. I contacted Rovio(?) they said it was a glitch with the iPad 1. It didn't effect my new iPad. Live and learn! Will not update this developer site again! But will purchase.
Thank Tou
Tammy

Most reactions

Latest posts