What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

INVINCIBLE iPHONE 4! Fastmac Impact Gel | MacWorld 2011

PhilSynowiec

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQ0aLR7C1lk[/ame]​

I got a chance to catch up with Fastmac at this year's Macworld. They had a booth set up where they were literally smashing an iPhone 4 with a hammer, right after they smashed some M&Ms! Why, you ask? Well they were showing off their Impact Gel. This is the gel that is inside of their cases and bags. It protects the crap out of whatever is inside.

M&Ms are small and break easy/smush, but when they are under this impact gel, that is about 1/4 of an inch thick, and smashed with a hammer, they don't break. The gel protects whatever item is inside, and doesn't let impact hit the iDevice or whatever is in there. Pretty neat!

FastMac | Product - Impact Shield for iPods, iPhones & Laptops

Digikid

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hmm....not bad but a better example would have been to use the hammer PROPERLY instead of sideways.

THAT would have been a proper test IMHO.

kheldour

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Digikid said:
Hmm....not bad but a better example would have been to use the hammer PROPERLY instead of sideways.

THAT would have been a proper test IMHO.

That was my first thought too, when I saw the video..... But anyways, it is a good product to have closer look.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It's the demonstrators who have got to have faith in their product, not me :)

It was a fine example of an "Irish screwdriver" in action btw.

Most reactions