What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Infinity Blade is out in USA!

wrecklass

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ya, I agree if Cataclysm hadn't just released I'd be playing this a lot more. Exceptional graphics and fun gameplay. Need to do a better review when I can get time.

Darkstar1041

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Great graphics but gets a bit repetitive slash dodge slash dodge played first few baddies not much game play if you ask me

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Great graphics but gets a bit repetitive slash dodge slash dodge played first few baddies not much game play if you ask me

I know what you mean about that. Though the eye candy is just too freakin' awesome. :)

But the linear rails-like progression is kinda stifling. And I would like to be able to backwards.... I ended up fighting the level 50 boss while I was on level 5... wtf? So I lost rather quickly... and had to start over. Guess I tried to rush it lol.

I was kinda thinking it was going to be Epic Cidadel but a real playable game. Oh well it's still amazing to have this on my iPad. :)

Michael

OP
K

korkidog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
True, the game is repetitive, but lets see what they do with updates and also what someone else does with the Unreal Engine. Gaming on the iPad is great, but I think it is going to get a whole lot better!

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Would like to see a little more "free-roam" type gameplay, but the graphics are incredible and really show how powerful the iPad is.

Also, give me blood!

deckyon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.sturmphoto.com
For the Release version, this is a great game. The gameplay and roaming ability will come with time. It was worth every penny and I am really excited to see the next set of updates.

I will admit, the ability to go back is needed - I also ended up in front of the "god-king" and got my arse handed to me.

rhk111

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
rhk111.byethost14.com
(Paid) Infinity Blade - Ipad Game Review

(Paid) Infinity Blade - Ipad Game Review

The game's main selling point is the graphics, which is really pretty good, the best I have seen so far on the iPad in terms of detail, and beauty. The game is set in a Gothic type of castle, and the armors of you and your opponents are quite nice.

The plot is simple: You are a Knight on a quest to get the "Infinity Blade", a god-killing blade, and at the same time avenge your father killed while trying to do the same thing. So you fight one boss after the other, until you get to the big boss man who wields the Infinity Blade.

Along the way, everytime you win, you earn money and skill points to upgrade your character in terms of armor, weapons, accesories and skill in between fights. As for the environment, you can look around and pick up objects, but you cannot WALK around.

Gameplay is actually pretty nice. You can dodge, parry, block and hit your opponents. The key is to know when to do which at any given time, which is not that easy to do. You are also only given a certain number of blocks, before your shield is broken, so you need to rely on dodging or parrying most of the time for defense.

You can also cast stun and magic attacks. The magic attacks depend on the type of ring you choose, and is activated by swiping gestures on the screen.

Opponents with lower levels, from 1 to about 4 are easy as they are slow and telegraph their attacks, but the fights get harder as the level of your opponents increase.

On the downside, the number of bosses is only limited, only about 6 or 8 before you see the big boss, who is a level 50 opponent. So expect to be killed when you finally get to him, making the overall game pretty short. You then get to be reborn as your son avenging your father's death, and you have to go thru all the other bosses again.

You do restart from the level you left off, so with enough "cycles" of dying and being reborn, you could theoretically eventually get to the level of the big boss, enough to kill him and get the Infinity Blade.

I don't find it necessarily repetitive, there are enough variations in the gameplay to keep the game interesting. Overall, highly entertaining, very intense, highly recommended.

Tips:
- Don't just use one slash when you have an opening, use very fast, multiple slashes or combo attacks when you have that short opening for an attack. It will help you kill off those bosses more quickly.
- Timing is essential, whether offense or defense. If you dodge or parry too early, or too late, you will get hit. You need to attack after seeing the word "Break" paired with another word on the screen, like "Dodge Break". It means an opening is available. If you don't, your attacks will be ineffective.
- You need to match your defensive move to your opponent's move. If you don't, you will get hit. So "Dodge" for overhand attacks, and "Parry" for slashing attacks.
- Use your stun or magic attacks early in the fight, so you can give them time to recharge and use them again during the fight

Here's a Youtube video:
- [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQaObpi7Rl0[/ame]

Here's the app at the iTunes store:
- Infinity Blade for iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation), and iPad on the iTunes App Store

Infinity Blade

By Chair Entertainment Group, LLC

Description

From Epic Games’ award-winning studio, ChAIR Entertainment, comes Infinity Blade, a new title developed exclusively for iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad.

Universal App - Play Infinity Blade on iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPad, iPod Touch 3 (16 GB and above), or iPod Touch 4 for a single low price.

Optimized for iPhone 4 – Includes high-resolution graphics that fully utilize the Retina display on the iPhone 4.

**IGN: "A surefire Game of the Year contender. It just may be the best iPhone game of all time."
**TouchGen: "This is the best game I've played on my iPhone. This is the game we've been waiting for!"
**Slide: "A unique and enthralling experience from the start."
**Ars Technica: "It’s one of the few games on the iPhone that if I were to get an e-mail tomorrow saying that it’s available, I would stop everything I was doing, find my iPhone and buy it."

For untold ages, the God King has ruled with an iron fist - his power is incalculable; his followers, legion. Now you must journey to the Dark Citadel to battle his Titans, one by one, until you face the tyrant himself. As it has been for all in your bloodline, this is your birthright - to free your people from an endless legacy of darkness. The immortal can be vanquished - but only if heart, mind, and steel are one.

The first mobile game powered by Epic’s cutting-edge Unreal Engine 3 technology, Infinity Blade takes handheld gaming to new heights with gorgeous visuals, adrenaline-fueled battles and advanced character progression in a fully 3D castle realm.

DYNAMIC SINGLE-PLAYER CAMPAIGN

Spectacular 3D characters and environments powered by the award-winning Unreal Engine 3 bring to life the story of a lone knight’s pursuit to save civilization.

RESPONSIVE AND INTUITIVE TOUCH CONTROLS

Attack, dodge, block, and cast devastating spells - all with the simple swipe of a finger.

SIMPLE NAVIGATION

Easy to use, tap-to-move controls enable players to effortlessly navigate and explore the castle realm while searching for collectable items such as treasure, swords, shields, armor and other magical objects.

DEEP CHARACTER CUSTOMIZATION

Dozens of Swords, Shields, Helmets, Armor, and Magic Rings to acquire and master - leveling up your character and increasing Attack, Health, Shield and Magic skills.

GAME CENTER

Achievements and Leaderboards

COMING SOON!

New Areas to conquer! Multiplayer! New Swords, Shields, Helmets, Magic Rings, and Enemies!

Price: USD 5.99
Category: Games
Released: Dec 09, 2010
Version: 1.0
File size: 318 MB

Hudmaster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Has anybody here reached Lvl 45 or achieved the Infinity Blade yet? The addition of in-game purchases for gold makes is more possible, but did anybody here really pay $50 for the sword?

Speedster00

iPF Noob
Reaction score
how would you classify this game? IE, more of a FPS or an RPG? Im not a fan of RPG but I like FPS..trying to decide if I need this one..

Most reactions

Latest posts