What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Increased battery consumption following update to 16.1.1

Frog Hollow

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad8. IOS 16.1.1.

Normally my battery life is pretty good. With normal use before upgrading I have greater than 50% remaining mid-evening every day.

Updated to the latest IOS 16.1.1 two days ago. Since then the battery has been running down to near-flat by mid-afternoon. At 1pm today (after normal use) it is sitting at 31%.

I haven't added or removed any apps nor changed any settings. Anybody else experienced a sudden increase in consumption following update to IOS 16.1.1?

Querty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I’ve noticed this too even though I turn blue tooth off all the time,I’ve never understood Apples obsession with turning it on after every update etc.

OP
F

Frog Hollow

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I turn bluetooth and cellular off. So only wifi is operating. The ipad is always within 15metres of the wifi modem so cannot be using additional power to seek out a connection. This loss of battery life is a real pain. So much for upgrading to the latest untested IOS. Not happy!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If it was a full upgrade then the iPad may have quite a few background tasks running for a day or two, while it re-indexes the iPads's contents. This can impact both performance and battery for a day to two until it is finished. It's more noticeable on older iPads, ones that started three or more iPadOS versions ago.

Most reactions

Latest posts