What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Importing contacts

david gallagher

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am a new iPad 3 user. It is beyond understanding why Apple makes it so incredibly difficult to simply import contacts from gmail or any other email account. My android phone does it with the click of a button. This nonsensical thing asks that you hook up the pad to a pc and then look for a tab that doesn't exist. This maddening. So to anyone out there in Apple land......How have you accomplished this???

OP
D

david gallagher

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
I forgot that existed. Must be getting old. ;)

It's an iPad, not an iPhone. I have followed all instructions to a T. It doesn't work. Another reason why Apple blows. Take a simple process and complicate it. The pad was a gift. Time to sell it and get an Android based tablet. Why not simply have a button that reads Import...

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's an iPad, not an iPhone. I have followed all instructions to a T. It doesn't work. Another reason why Apple blows. Take a simple process and complicate it. The pad was a gift. Time to sell it and get an Android based tablet. Why not simply have a button that reads Import...

Bump works on iPads, too. Also on Android phones and tablets, both of which I also have.

iDevices aren't a good fit for everyone, and if you find yours frustrating and can't overcome, Apple devices have good resale values. Or if you're within your return or exchange period, maybe that's worth considering. Donating or gifting are other possibilities.

Most reactions