What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

importing contacts and email signature questions

jojoba

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Two questions:

- How do I import my gmail contacts to my email app (the standard one on the iPad) and to the standard contacts app?

- Is there a way that the standard email app will allow for including signatures with one email account and not the other? I want to add my work signature to the correspondence going from my work email, but not from my gmail account...

...thanks in advance!

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
Set your gmail account up as an exchange account on the ipad to sync your contacts. Setting up Google Sync with your iOS device - Google Mobile Help

The email app use the contacts app they are not separated, in fact the contacts app can be used by lots of apps for various things (lookup address in GPS apps fro example).

I don't think you can have multiple signatures on the ipad.

OP
J

jojoba

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, DefBref. I followed the recipe in the link, but I now have only some of my inbox synced. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong :confused: For some reason, only some of the inbox loaded (messages from today and yesterday). But all my contacts now appear when I start new emails, which is great :)

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
Goto Settings - Mail, Contacts and Calendars, select your gmail account - mail days to sync, to get more/all messages synced from the past.

OP
J

jojoba

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Great, now it worked. Thanks a million :)

dilorenzoc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a mobile me account and have been able to keep my Idevice contacts and Yahoo mail account contacts in sync using an app that is installed in the Windows XP control panel. This comparable iCloud app will not be available to Windows XP users. I guess Apple is convinced that millions of XP users will dump their operating system for this feature. As a result I have not moved from mobile me at this time. Has anyone figured another way to sync Idevice contacts with Yahoo contacts when using iCloud?

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts