What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iMovie Frustration

Knightoftheapp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hello all,

I recently started using iMovie on my iPad Air. I'm trying to upload photos to make a slideshow.

The problem is that, once they are uploaded, the photos move as if they are floating on the screen. The other problem is that the size of the photos do not fit the screen. They all look like they're too close, and you can't see the whole photo. This is especially the case when the photos are in portrait mode. Is there any way to fix this? If not, can you suggest a good alternative to iMovie?

GDsunshine

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hello all,

I recently started using iMovie on my iPad Air. I'm trying to upload photos to make a slideshow.

The problem is that, once they are uploaded, the photos move as if they are floating on the screen. The other problem is that the size of the photos do not fit the screen. They all look like they're too close, and you can't see the whole photo. This is especially the case when the photos are in portrait mode. Is there any way to fix this? If not, can you suggest a good alternative to iMovie?

Hello knighttoftheap- Pls go to this link and hope that it helps you .

http://support.apple.com/kb/PH3184

Sent from my Gold iPhone 6 128g using Tapatalk

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Another source, of a more general nature is From the Online iMovie help page:
http://help.apple.com/imovie/ipad/2.1.1/

You can get the same help in the app by tapping the (?) icon, then the yellow Learn More lable at the bottom of the screen.

Adjust the movement of photos with the Ken Burns effect

iMovie applies the Ken Burns effect to the photos you add to your project. With this effect, the camera appears to sweep across and zoom in to or out of the photo. If there are people in the photo, iMovie uses face detection to keep faces within the viewing area.

You can adjust the Ken Burns effect so that the motion starts and ends on the parts of the image you specify.

1. In the timeline, tap the photo you want to adjust.

The Ken Burns effect controls appear in the lower-right corner of the image in the viewer.
  2. To set the way the photo is framed at the beginning, tap the Start button
    IL_KBback.png
  3. Pinch to zoom in or out, then drag the image in the viewer to frame it the way you want.
  4. To set the way the photo is framed at the end, tap the End button
    IL_KBforward.png
  5. Pinch to zoom in or out, then drag the image in the viewer to frame it the way you want.
  6. To close the controls, tap the Ken Burns Effect button
    IL_KBzoom.png
    , or tap outside of the clip.
If you don’t want the Ken Burns effect applied to a photo, set the image position and zoom level to be the same for the start and end points.

OP
Knightoftheapp

Knightoftheapp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
First, I want to thank the both of you for attempting to help with this issues.

But I've decided to give up and find another movie making app. Sometimes Apple really blows. Any suggestions for alternatives to iMovie would be greatly appreciated.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The Replay Video Editor demoed at Apple's iPad event looked interesting. I've also heard good things about Pinnacle Studio. I don't have any personal experience with either of them.

Most reactions

Latest posts