What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IMessage/message merging streams

thebytedoc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My wife and I use texting extensively, so I am excited about iMessage, being able to text in the same stream from iPad/iPhone with WiFi or cell depending on what is available and having the app manage that is great!!
Now to the problem. On my phone I get texts from her in one stream blue is iMessage, white is text (I assume SMS). However, when I text her back it creates two streams, one iMessage, the other the SMS stream we have always had. How can I get hers to behave the same as mine? Hope this was not to incoherent :).

cfeltman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm having the very same problem. Did you ever get it figured out.

OP
thebytedoc

thebytedoc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not as of yet. I will post here if and when I figure it out. Hopefully someone else will post on this issue and help clear it up also.

tylercal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I also have this problem with messages from my wife. My contact entry for her has both her mobile number and the email address she uses for her apple/itunes/icloud account. Sometimes messages come from her "mobile number" and end up in the SMS stream entry. Others come from her "email address" and end up in the iMessage stream entry. This happens even though the contact for both the number and address point at the same contact entry. Maybe apple doesn't know about her phone number? Maybe she's the only iOS 5 user I text with that I have the corresponding itunes email address stored for? I don't know, but I'd love to know when someone figures out how to fix this.

tylercal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So it turns out there was some kind of configuration problem with her iMessage. On her phone (where we weren't seeing any problems) turning iMessage off, sending a test message, then turning iMessage back on seemed to resolve the issue. Hopes this helps someone else.

Most reactions

Latest posts